|| • Chapter 5 • ||

|| • Chapter 5 • ||

I stood awkwardly next to Roy as he continues to watch the game. Some girl, probably his girlfriend seeming he kissed her, showed up with a red cup and he slung his arm around her shoulder while taking a sip from it. I found it kind of rude how he didn't introduce me to any of the people standing around the table. Not even said girlfriend who was attack his neck with her lips and laughing every few seconds.

Then all of a sudden a guy with floppy ginger hair and tan skin decided to acknowledge my existence. He was refilling the cups with beer to start another round.

"Who's pretty blue eyes?" He asks Roy motioning towards me with the hose thing.

Roy looked down at me and smiled he slung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into his smelly frame. He stunk of must and beer and chlorine.

"This is my new neighbor Amelia." He slurred. He then leaned down and whispered loudly in my ear. "Say hi Amelia."

"Hi." I mumble and the ginger looks surprised.

"Do you think she'll be up for a little game of beer pong?" He held up the Ping pong ball they were using.

"She doesn't drink." He replies and I try hiding behind him.

Now every ones attention was on me. I didn't like attention. When I was six I had a ballet recital. I never went on stage because I saw how many people were out there. After that I quit ballet and became an introvert. Indoors were my thing and that's when Mr and Mrs Fancy came about.

"Just one round, i'll even miss her cups on purpose." He tried persuading.

Oh no peer pressure.

"What do you say?" He looks down at me amused.

"I-I don't even know how to play, let alone how to play ping pong. Plus my aim is really bad I might miss on accident." I force my mouth shut. Word vomiting around a bunch up people that screamed out cool kids was not, dare I say it? cool.

Oh the horror.

"It's easy." The ginger states. "You just bounce the ball and plunk it into a cup." He demonstrated by bouncing the ball off the table.

It bounced once, twice, three times and then

Clunk!

The ping pong ball fell in the cup and floated in the amber liquid.

"Whatever cup it lands in you have to drink." He finishes nodding to Roy.

Roy reached in and grabbed the ball but left the cup alone. He shook it off and tossed it over to the ginger. He caught it in his hands.

The way he was smirking and the devious look in his eyes made me think he wasn't going to go easy on me.

"So are you up for the challenge?" He tossed the small spherical object in his hands.

"I-I guess." I stammer moving to the unoccupied side of the table.

He smiled and continued to toss the ball in between his hands.

"You ready doll face?" He ran his tongue along his lips.

"I-I guess." I repeat, tucking my hair behind my ear and hugging my arms to my body.

"Don't be shy now." With that he bounced the ball.

It bounced once and then twice before stopping and just rolled. It hit the base of the first cup.

"Do I have to take that cup now?" I ask cluelessly.

My cheeks tinged a bright pink as every started laughing at me.