|| • Chapter 23 • ||

His body was stiff muscle rigid as if I had said something wrong, like his mother died.

"If they're anything like Luke then I think i'll pass." He had said finally after a few moments of silence.

"Well," I had started off. "If we're going to be together. It's only best if you meet my friends." I continued while sitting up and looking at him.

He was biting his lip a nervous glint in his eye. After chewing his bottom lip for a while he closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Not happening."

Boy was he wrong.

The silence that filled the table at Edna's was unbearable. I tricked Bryn into going out for lunch. He wanted to cook for me but I wanted a burger. A big greasy burger that could possibly give me a heart attack. He told me that Edna's was the place to go. The whole car ride there I texted everyone to meet me there.

We were there before them but I kept an eye out. When I saw the familiar car I shifted in my seat and smiled. Bryn had no idea until it was to late. He was mad but before they came and filed into our booth he agreed to play nice.

"So." Phoenix says, stealing one of my fries and taking a bite of it. "He's the guy you ditched me for?" He directed his gaze over to Bryn.

"I did not ditch you." I replied rolling my eyes.

"But you friend zoned me for a guy who works at the race tracks?" He scrunched up his nose.

"I friend zoned you because I had no intentions of getting into a relationship this summer." I reply back sharply.

"But here we are meeting your boyfriend." Felix piped in quite bitterly.

"He's not-" I started to say but quickly rethought it out.

I really need to start thinking before I start speaking.

"He's not my boyfriend officially. We're just taking things slow." I say, still not liking the way it was worded.

"So what I'm hearing there's still a chance?" Phoenix smiled and I felt Bryn's hand grip mine.

"No." He bit through his teeth.

"Well I can at least fúck her then." He runs his tongue over his bottom lip and my jaw slacks open. "Apparently she's easy."

"I'm not-" I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I'm not easy at all! How dare you make that accusation!?" I felt my heart clench in my chest.

"Then explain to me how you've kissed a third of us and slept with half?" He arched his brow. "It only makes since that you finish it out." With that he stood up from the booth. "I'm out of here." He left.

It was my turn to squeeze his hand. His grip on mine loosened and I feared he was going to let go soon. That couldn't happen. If all turned to shīt I needed to know that he was there.

"Aw look pretty boy got his feelings hurt." Roy pouted. "You mad me and my boy Felix here," he nudged Felix in his side with his elbow. "hit it before you did?" He bit down on his lip in a taunting manner and arched his brow.

"Or are you mad that she chose to sleep with us and take things slow with you?" Felix chimes in, the same devilish look on his face.

I couldn't speak. I should've respected his choices when he said he didn't want to meet them. If I had any clue they were going to rude stuck up jerks I would've kept them far away from each other.