|Bad sister

The green park.

When I woke up, I realised that I was not inside a locker but instead standing on a lush green park. The same park where my Dada used to take me. Looking at myself I noticed I was not a sixteen year old girl anymore, but an eight year old with a pony tail, wearing white frock and white shoes. I squinted my eyes looking up and scanned the park.

This park looks the same with a small goal post, rose gardens, swings, slides and merry go rounds. Whenever we come to meet Grans and Dada, Dada would take me here and he would stand as a goalie with me hitting shots.

One drop of tear fell from my eyes as I remembered how he used to play with me, because Grans couldn't as she was suffering from back pain. He used to say that he missed playing foot ball with Grans and he would eagerly wait for me to come, so that he could play with me. Me, Grans and Dada would watch every football match and even highlights. Dada used to say he was honoured to marry a footballer. And grans would hit his head, but only I did notice how she would blush.

"Blue !" I swiftly turned my head to the direction of the voice. There he was at the goal post wearing those gloves I gifted him on his birthday, so that he wouldn't get any injuries on his weak hands. The brown and white hair, tucked up t-shirt and grey pants. I'm seeing him after so many years, and my tears just couldn't control itself as it poured along. I can only visit him through my dreams and nightmares.

He was motioning me to kick the ball. Wiping my tears away with my hand I moved back wards, then running forward I kick the ball with all my might. It straight went through Dada and into the net. I clapped my hands and jumped. Dada slowly came up to me with a pout on his face, he always does the sad face after loosing but I know, he let me win every time. Coming up to me, he took me in his arms and twirled me around. I giggled all the way and then he slowly puts me down. He took my hand and made me sat on the stone bench.

"Thats my blue" He used to call me blue, not just because of my eyes but instead Blue stands for caring and compassionate individual who tries to see the best in others and in every situation.

"Dada please take me with you. I don't want to go back" The tears that I was holding, came along and wet my cheeks.

"Sh sh sh..thats not my blue" He wrapped his arms around me and patted my back

"Your blue is not strong, her life is all messed up, Dada... She still gets bullied. She thought this time her life would be different. I had enough bottling up dada. Nobody likes me. I want to stay here with you Dada" I sniffed, sobbed crying harder on to his chest. I was no more an eight year old, I'm at my current age now.

"Izza, you have to live more, don't back up while you see a small danger. You have to go miles away, fight so many time. The best view will come only after the hardest climb. When you know how to stand on your two feet, then the whole world will be at you feet" I looked at him trying to gather what he just said and he continued,

"You have a life ahead of you. While I had a life which had a limit for how much I can live. Make sure you have it in a best way". He stood up and started walking towards a light which suddenly dropped from the sky. He stood there and slowly turned then said,

"You are my brave girl Izza. You are your Dad's strongest Barbie doll. Your Gran's champion. Mom's barbecue queen. Yusra's best friend. Yousuf and Ahsan's Izzy. So don't let them down. You are a dragon, blue..". And with a swish of breeze he was gone.