|Begin again

Tournament begins.

My first match was with the Posh Porcupines. After tying my cleats and tying my hair into a tight pony just leaving one of the blue coloured strand out, I jogged towards the open field. Coach have fed us enough information about the Porcupines. They have three girls and the rest our boys and their captain was like king kong, he was so huge.

We have being practising from dusk till dawn. The minute the bell rings for the last period Coach wants us right on the field otherwise its 200 pushups. We weren't suppose to drive because Coach wants us to go home on foot. We weren't suppose to eat any junk food and a proper diet plan was given to everyone and we should follow the same. If at all coach finds that we gained weight, he will only leave us home until we lose that much pounds.

I looked around the school stadium. We were playing in Posh highschool football ground. I saw Mehara and Ally eating pop corns and gossiping. When they noticed I was looking at them they waved their hands and started smiling foolishly. I shook my head and smiled back, some people would never change.

Fathima and Marissa couldn't come, because they had a project to do together. They had to submit it by tomorrow and they haven't even started yet. Marissa was crying so badly because she wouldn't be able to watch the match and Fathima was consoling her by saying 'Every dog has a day'.

I snapped out from my thoughts when Coach whistled and motioned us to come. We all circled around coach as he started explaining things, points to be taken and everything. Zee was standing straight across me and was nodding his head as coach gave him advice since he was the captain. Right now I feel like laughing in this serious atmosphere when I saw Justin nodding and copying everything coach was saying because its hilarious seeing him so determined.

"We will do this right ?" Coach asked looking at all of us.

We all kept one hand on each other and lifted it in the air and Justin shouted 'Team Bloom Woods !' and we all in unity said 'lets win this !'. The referee blowed the whistle and the two captains went towards him. We all came back to the tunnel and sat on the seats. From where I sat, I could see Zee clearly, he was serious and I know he wouldn't let us down. The coin was flipped into the air and 'heads' was called out by the other Captain.

The place next to me was the only vacant one and all others were seated around. When Zee came back, I could see out of the corner of my eyes that he was searching for a seat. He looked at each one of us and his eyes finally landed on mine. I soon looked away and when I slowly turned to look at him he was shaking his head and then sat next to me.

Our arms brushed and I shifted a little. I could smell his cologne and then he let his fingers goes through his dark brown hair. I suddenly got a lot nervous around him. I started breathing rapidly and fiddled with the bracelet I wear around my hand. I wear that bracelet only during my matches.

"Nervous ?" I jumped when I heard his voice and looked at him in shock with my eyes wide. He wasn't looking at me and was looking to the field, the dark emerald eyes matching with the greenfield. After calming my breath I just nodded my head.

"Of course You should be. You play like as if your a kangaroo". When I heard that, thunder got struck in my head and I look at him as if he was being serious. He was looking straight without any emotion.

"Excuse me ?" I got so angry that I could feel my pressure rising.

"You can quit if you want to, there is still time. A substitute is ready. I don't want to lose this match and go home embarrassed". As he said that, I wanted to jump on him and put my hands on his neck then choke him to death. But before I get to shout at him, the whistle came and we all stood up, formed a line as Zee lead us.