|Your Nightmare

Peter Pan.

Now I understand why he didn't want to grow up. I'm seriously jealous of him, but its all fictional and I can't really blame someone who is not for real. Because here we are again starting another new day,

Bloomwoods Highschool stands before me in all its glory. Students enter the campus in their cars, with their boyfriends and girlfriends. Teachers acknowledge each other with smiling faces. Girls talk and laugh so loudly that they grab the boys attention and have them whistling at their backs. Boys punch each other and wrestle playfully.

Everyone is happy, except for me. How I want to rip every one of those happy faces off and throw it over the cliff. I feel like getting on a helicopter and dropping bombs on this small part of humanity.

"Hey Girl" she smacks my back a little too hard. I was still sleepy and grumpy, and I got a little pissed off. But I stood there, like a statue, yawning.

"Isn't it a bright beautiful morning Izza ?"

"Yeah... I can see rainbows with my eyes closed" I yawned again.

"Oy ! What is it with you and sarcasm early in the morning ?" She smacked my back again and I stumbled a little. What is it with this girl ? How can she be so bubbly and full of life in the morning ? I got myself together and turned around. She looked at me with a big sweet smile and after a moment; gasped, throwing her hand over her mouth. I looked at her, confused.

"What is it ? What's wrong ?" I was more awake now, touching my face, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"You coloured your hair ?" she asked. So that's the problem. I inhaled and relaxed.

"No, it's some painting done by my brother. Duh" She knit her eyebrows together, and looked at me, she was a little cross now. I got hit on my head, again.

"Stop it" I barked.

"Then stop with your stupid sarcasm and answer me straight !" she exclaimed.

"Yeah I just did it yesterday. Why ? What's wrong ?"

"Nothing, you look beautiful and your hair is pretty too. Wow, you are just more adorable without your glasses".

No, she just didn't. I know she is just telling me all these stupid things so that it doesn't upset me.

"Yeah whatever Mehara Siddiqie" I called out her full name, just to let her know that I'm not stupid. I entered the building with her trailing after me.

"Do you think I'm joking ?" she had trouble catching up with me as I take long strides.

"No not at all" I said, coolly.

"You just don't realise it, don't you ? Allah has made everyone pretty in their own way. And you should be thankful for that, you can't just ignore his creations. Just think of those people out there who don't have those things you have".

Okay, that touched my heart and maybe that's because I am not a firm believer. I am only Muslim by name, not by my deeds, so when Mehara said this, it hit home. I smiled genuinely and continued walking. She started rambling about something, but I wasn't listening.

The halls were filled with students leaning on the walls and lockers. As I was looking for my locker, I saw him. He was talking to his friends casually, no smiles though. I could say his friends were joking around. But then I nearly went crazy as I realised that he was leaning on my locker. I tried my best not to freak out. We were still walking and hadn't yet reached the locker destination.