|Barbie doll

It was dark.

Even the moon and the stars were hidden behind the clouds, not sending down the light. I was walking bare foot and I don't know for how long I've been walking. There wasn't even a single living being except me on the streets. As alley way passes, my heart beat would rise rapidly. Street lights were dimming, making creaking noise as the dragon flies gets attract with the light. I could here howls now.

Then suddenly everything slowed down.

When I looked at myself, I came to realise that I was in the same foot ball jersey and my hair was all tangled. Then I heard the foot steps, loud beats of the boots and drenching sound when it walks through the water. No voice could be heard now, only the sound of my heart beats. When I turned it was the same hooded figure.

My legs automatically lead me the way. I ran, I ran as fast as I could. I know what is happening and I don't want it to happen again. I turned to an alley way and stopped running, kept one hand on the walls and bent down breathing in heavily. I was panting and was tired already but I can't stop running because he'll be here soon.

When I was about to run again, I was abruptly pulled into a hard body. The same filthy strong hands comes across my mouth and starts dragging me towards a dark narrow walk way. My blood runs cold and my heart beats so hard that it started physically hurting me. I'm rendered paralysed for a moment. I started thrashing my body and kicking my legs out as I attempt to scream. It was happening again and I'm angry, as I can't do anything this time also. I always wanted to be that girl who will fight when in life or death situation. But here I am hopeless and surrendering once again.

He twisted my hands and pulled me closer and I had the wits to kick his groin. Thats what I only did, a groan left his mouth and he left me. No longer had I taken three steps, his hands came up from behind and shoved me hard. I fell on my face on the gravel, and the impact knocked the breath out of me. It hurts, every part of my body hurts. Darkness swam in my vision. I shifted my weight on my butt to look back at him, my heart pummelling against my ribs.

I couldn't see his face, he was like a black silhouette. He removed his jacket, I started to scream and move away. But couldn't because I was caged inside his arms. Then he slowly started to bent down and that's when I spat on his face. He wiped it away, grabbed my skin and slapped me hard across my face. He captured both my wrists and again slapped on my face.

I was falling into a grave, tears streaming down and I was loosing it again.

"No !" I sat up straight on my bed, panting and breathing heavily. The dream catcher on my window sill jingles. Frantically looks around and realises I was still in my room and not under the clutches of a hooded figure. I touched my face, and note that I was crying in my sleep as I could feel the wetness. The night was too cold and silent. I always let my window door open as I wanted to breathe in fresh and cool breeze, it always calmed me after the nightmare.

I am alright.

I have nightmares and its been so long that I actually had a dream. And nightmares seems so real that you can never forget about it, you'll remember every detail. Unlike dreams, you don't remember everything about it. Nightmares are created by your own mind, a situation where you've already been. It scares you, it reminds you of what you went through and of what you're desperately trying to forget.