|Comedian Ahsan

It was beautiful watching the sunrise through the window door with a big smile on your face and your eyes widening at its beauty. My mom was happy when she saw me at the kitchen making breakfast for the family. Her smile made my heart soar with happiness, knowing that the reason behind the smile was me. I laughed when Ahsan wiped his cheek in disgust after I kissed him 'good morning'. When Yousi and dad saw their favourite pan cakes with whipping cream on the breakfast table, I smiled when they both kissed my cheek together.

As I was walking to school, I remembered my beautiful morning. For the very first time I didn't slept after fajr and even saw the sunrise. My mornings should be spend like this and I was sure that the whole day would turn out great too. I concentrated on my converse that hit the pavement and crushed the dry grass. But then soon my walking adventure was over and I had reached the gates of Little daffodils primary school. I took a long deep breath and entered the school with a strong heart. But as soon as I entered, I was greeted with the esteemed presence of none other than, Zeeshan Harris.

What a wonderful way to start my morning, note my sarcasm.

He was working early in the morning, instructing all the workers, guiding and directing them. He was in black shirt with black pants, his shoes were black and his wrist watch was also black. He looked classy and like a bad boy. He hadn't brushed his hair and it was messily falling on his forehead.

His eyes were focused and he had only one goal set up in his mind. This determination made my heart race and I tried to control the drum rolls which could be heard from my heart. Nerves started to kick in and I dashed towards the teacher's staff room.

"Izza you're here" I was startled by the sound of Principle Abdullah. When I turned to face him, he was smiling at me so kindly with a cup of hot tea in his hands.

"Assalamu alaikum" I said keeping a hand on my heart and bowing a little to show him respect

"Wa'alaikumussalam. Can you do me favour and give this to Zeeshan ?" He didn't wait for me to answer and hand over the cup

"I'm so sorry. I have a meeting today and have so many unfinished things to do !".

With that said he rushed back to his room and I mentally groaned in annoyance. I slowly, slowly walked over to were Zee was and he had his back turned to me. He was shouting over to the workers and I had to clear my throat but still he didn't even hear.

"Zee !"

His hands stilled at my sudden voice, he slowly turned and I was met with his dark emerald green eyes shining brightly. I smiled and gestured towards the cup in my hand. He nodded his head and motioned me to keep it on the table. I turned around and placed it on the table but when I was about to leave, his phone which was kept on the table started to ring.

Usually I ignore and would have left but the caller ID caught my attention. I wanted to take the call but I wasn't suppose to do it, since it was his phone. Suddenly the phone went off and it was no more ringing. I sighed and started to head back but it started ringing again. This time I took the phone without hesitation because I wanted to talk to this person eagerly.

"Assalamu alaikum" the kind voice which I missed for six years spoke. I didn't return her salam and stood still with my breathing coming rapidly. The person on the other side was still speaking, calling out for me. But I stood there frozen on my spot unable to form any words.

"Izza dearest is that you ?"

And just like that, Ayesha Harris finally found that it was me. Of course she would know, since Zee must have told her that I was here.