Chaper 34

•Morgan's POV•

I heard Lauren and Sawyer talking in the kitchen, which awoke me in the morning. I was still in bed, and the sunlight streamed through the curtains. I heard Lauren and Sawyer arguing and then the door closing, which means someone must have left. Then I heard nothing, which meant both of them must have left. I hope Lauren wasn't downstairs, I wasn't ready to face her after last night. I'm sure Sawyer didn't want to face her either. I loved Lauren but after last night, I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to leave with our friendship on a bad note, but I didn't even know what to say to her. The clock read eleven, and I got out of bed and put on some regular clothes, replacing my pajamas. I walked down the stairs quietly and cautiously, peeking into the living room and kitchen, not seeing anyone. I breathed a sigh of relief, and walked down the stairs. I then heard voices outside of the door. Lauren and Sawyer. I heard sniffles from Lauren, and Sawyer's calming voice trying to calm her down. She seemed really upset. Maybe she was finally facing the truth, and the truth was tough. I didn't know whether to go outside, or eavesdrop from in the dining room. Eavesdropping seemed safe, I didn't want to leave Sawyer out there with her, but I didn't want to cause World War Three by going out there. I stuck my ear to the door and tried to listen.

"You're such a dick," Lauren muttered to Sawyer which I could vaguely hear. "You're taking Morgan away from me, yet you act innocent?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. I wasn't going away and Lauren couldn't seem to realize that. I was sort of going away, but it wasn't like we wouldn't see each other or anything.

"You'll still see us, it's not like we're disappearing. We'll come visit, and you guys will come visit us," Sawyer was trying to stay calm by his strained voice I could tell. His voice was always like that when he was irritated.

"I still don't feel as if Morgan is a hundred percent ready to leave LA, this is her dream place. She's leaving?" Lauren asked and it was. LA was and is my dream place, always will be. But I had to move on. Couldn't Lauren see that?

"Can I tell you something?" Sawyer asked, and I didn't hear anything from Lauren except a fainted sniffle.

"It kills me. Okay? It kills me inside that Morgan didn't exactly agree to move to Miami. She told me to make the decision on whether to move and... I don't know everything was riding on me it felt like. If I did something wrong, this would affect our relationship, our friendship, our family. I hated how Morgan kind of ditched me on such a huge decision like this. It's killing me, okay? And with you and Joey badgering me, you're making me feel alone. I made this decision for Morgan too. I felt alone. And by you telling me that I'm making the wrong choice, you're making it worse on me. So, please, please cut me some slack?" All I heard was something from Lauren before I backed away from the door. I had no idea Sawyer felt like that. I didn't mean to leave him alone on this decision I just couldn't make it. It was too hard. I should've never told him to make it on his own. I should've helped him like a good wife should. Man, I felt like shit. I backed away from the door and back upstairs to the bedroom. I curled into a ball on the bed and thought about what Sawyer had said. It was killing him. It was killing him. An eerie voice echoed in my mind over and over making me feel like such a terrible person. After a few minutes, I heard Sawyer coming up the stairs. I didn't even know if I could look him in the eye. I turned my face when he walked in, but he saw I was awake. "Hey, you're awake," he said, smiling. I half smiled and looked back down to the floor from my side angle. "Hey, what's wrong?" He came over and bent by my side, taking his hand and brushing the loose hairs from my face.

"We can't move," I said, and when I said it his voice automatically fell.

"Why?" He said slowly. "Why not?" His face looked taken aback and full of surprise. He had no idea I knew.

"I can't move, Sawyer, when it's killing you," I said and his face automatically softened at the words I said. He knew what I was talking about. "I feel like shit I didn't mean to leave you on such a huge decision. I'm sorry. Okay?"

"You heard what I said to Lauren?" Sawyer asked, looking ashamed. "How much did you hear?"

"All I needed too," I answered, looking into the bed sheet to turn my ashamed eyes away from him.

"It's not that I don't want to move," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I need to know, do you want too?"

Hello! Hope y'all are enjoying the story, it's been so much fun to write. If you are actively reading, please follow my Wattpad account. Thank you!