Chapter 7

•Morgan's POV•

I woke up, to not the warmth of Sawyer, but to the warmth of Cody who was laying beside me. I sat up and walked out of the room and looked down the stairs. Lauren was at school, and it was completely silent. I walked back into the bedroom and found my phone, perched on the night stand. I grabbed it gracefully, and I didn't have any messages, neither from Lauren or Sawyer. I checked the time, and it was near ten, so Lauren was in class, and didn't want to disturb her. I texted Sawyer asking where he was, he probably just went shopping.

It had been two hours, and there still wasn't a text from sawyer, which worried me. I texted Joey and asked him if I could stop by, of course he said yes. I threw on some half decent clothes, jogging down the stairs, grabbing my phone, and walking over to Joey's apartment. I knocked on the door, and Joey answered it on the first knock, looking as if he just ran a mile. "Do you know where the hell Sawyer is?" I asked, and he stepped aside to let me in, even though I wasn't in the mood for a chat.

"No, he stopped by earlier, though. He didn't say he was going anywhere." Joey raised his eyebrows and i shook my head, trying to laugh.

"It's probably nothing, he is probably at the store or something." I said and Joey nodded his head, sitting down on the couch. Joey's eyes perked up a bit.

"This morning, Lauren told me Sawyer asked for Dallas' phone number. Of course, she had to unblock him and stuff, but she found it and gave it to him. Don't know if that had anything to do with your search." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair nervously.

"He tracked his phone number, Dallas' number." I said, and Joey was slightly confused, not knowing what I was talking about.

"You can do that?" Joey asked, and I rolled my eyes, nodding my head. He was utterly surprised at my answer, and to think a boy was pretty electronic handy. "But... Why would sawyer do that?" I thought about it for a minute, and Joey was right, it didn't add up.

"Maybe he was just mad?" I questioned and Joey shook his head deep in thought. And that's when it hit me. Hit me like a million bricks. "Joey," I started and looked into his hopeful green eyes, "sawyer went after Dallas because Dallas shot him." Joey questioned me at first, but then understood. He understood completely now. He nodded his head and purses his lips.

"Go back to college," I heard Joey say, and I shook my head and raised my eyebrows.

"what?" I asked, crinkling my nose.

"You're too smart to just quit."

||sorry, I haven't been able to update much, and a lot of you have been asking for an update. I'll try to update more! Also, feel free to write on my message board. Thanks!||