Chapter 20

•Morgan's POV•

"Bye, Dylan," I cooed into his ear, as I placed him into the arms of Kelly, for the first and last time. Dylan smiled up to Kelly and gurgled a little bit. Kelly smiled back to Dylan, tickling his belly causing him to laugh. I bit my lower lip, trying to fight the tears that were threatening to escape. I swallowed the hard lump in my throat and tried to force a smile of happiness to Kelly. Sawyer placed his arm around my waist, which caused me to cheer up a little. Plus, the thought of actually sleeping a full night, lifted my spirits. I tried to think of the positives, but all I could think about right now, is Kelly holding, cuddling, tickling, my baby.

"Alright, I just need you to sign some last papers, and then you're all set," Kelly said, and handed me a clipboard, with a small sized packet clipped down. I took the pen she gave me, and signed the forms, clearly stating that we wouldn't try to find Dylan, prompt any of our friends or family members to adopt, etc. Sawyer signed under my name and handed the clipboard to Kelly, who was way to happy for my liking. "Well, this little guy is going to fit right in," Kelly said, smiling to him one last time, "thanks so much. Say your last good byes, it's time for this little guy to meet his new family." Ouch. That hurt. I felt the hot tears well up in my eyes, and I turned towards the door, not saying goodbye to Dylan.

"Morgan, don't you wanna say goodbye?" I heard Sawyer ask, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I didn't turn around to face Sawyer, nor Kelly, nor Dylan.

"I think I'm just going to wait in the car," I said, my voice waivering and breaking at some parts. I walked out the door and into the hot, humid air, and walked right to Sawyer's car, which was in the front. I plopped myself down into the passenger's seat, and waited for Sawyer to come outside. A couple minutes later, Sawyer appeared, and sat down on the driver's seat. He didn't make any effort to turn on the car, and we just sat there in complete silence. Minute after minute, just sitting there, and nobody moved.

"You can cry if you want too," Sawyer offered, and I smiled to him and looked back out of the window, "I'm sad too, but I'm supposed to be the man, so I can't cry." I stifled a small laugh under my breath.

"Let's just go home," I said and Sawyer stuck the keys into the ignition, "I know I made the right decision." Sawyer nodded and before we moved he grabbed my chin and moved my head to face his. He kissed me, and held our kiss for a few seconds.

"I love you," he added and I smiled.

"I love you too," I added before we backed out of the parking lot.

"Ya know, today seems like a milkshake day," Sawyer said, "Want to get some milkshakes on West Hollywood? You can finally try Cookie Dough and Oreo." I smiled.

"Sure," I said and he turned around, driving into Hollywood.

Sorry I haven't been writing lately, just ugh, so many tests and studying and writer's block, plus my rib. I hope everything is great with you guys, thanks for reading, we are ALMOST to 100K on my first Sawyer Hartman Fanfic and that's crazy guys! It's amazing is what it is! Please continue to vote, and all that good stuff because I need support right now, cause keeping my grades up in school and stuff is stressful. I have a 4.0 right now, so there will be more writing to come. Love you guys!