Chapter 2

•Morgan's POV•

I tossed and turned endlessly, throwing the covers over me and then off. I couldn't decide whether I was hot or cold, but this was going to drive me crazy. I got out if bed, it was only 3 am, and I felt sick. Sick without Sawyer. I couldn't sleep without him next to me, without his warmth, and presence. I walked downstairs and turned on the tv, and went to Netflix. Walking Dead always seemed to calm me down. I flicked to a random episode in season 3, and it happened to be a Glenn and Maggie love scene. I groaned and turned the tv off, throwing the remote to the floor. I hoped that didn't wake up Lauren. I went to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and flopped back down on the recliner. I placed my head in my hands and let the tears fall. I needed someone a true friend... maybe that was awake... I grabbed my phone and texted Joey and asked him to come over. He probably thought I was crazy texting him at three, but I needed to talk to him. He texted me back and said he'll be over in a sec. I waited a few minutes and heard the door creak open slowly. "Hey," I heard him whisper and he sat next to me on the recliner. "Are you okay?"

"No." I admitted, shaking my head, running my fingers through my wavy brown hair. "I miss him so much. I want him back home with me." Joey smiled and pat my hand.

"The doctors say he might be conscious tomorrow, and if all goes well he will be released in a week." I tried to manage a smile, but then it faded and I averted my eyes from joeys. "What?"

"You're gonna be gone in a week... back to Boston." This time Joey broke our eye contact and looked to the floor, and then looked at anything to not connect our eye contact. "Joey, look at me." It took him a couple seconds, but he snapped to my attention, and looked into my brown eyes. His blue eyes seemed to sparkle. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Stay here. This is your home." Joey bit his lip and sighed, running his hand through his hair. "What about Shoey? Sawyer misses you... Shane, Tyler, even Lauren, and I do... come back home."

"I'll admit," he began, "I don't like MIT, I don't like college and I wish I never left." I jumped out of the recliner and clapped my hands.

"Your channels still up, your apartments still here! Come back, c'mon please." I begged him and that brought a smile to play across his lips. But then it faded. He stood up and looked like he had seen a ghost and turned pale.

"I have to go, I can't move here I'm sorry, Morgan." He left the apartment running out with only me to listen to his footsteps. Dylan was becoming upset and at this moment, the baby wasn't the only one in tears.

||NEW UPDATE||