Chapter 25

•Morgan's POV•

I remembered saying my last goodbyes to Lauren and Joey, and now Sawyer and I were on the plane. It was a four hour ride, and Sawyer was asleep next to me. I silently hoped Sawyer didn't like the houses, or the area, and neither would I. I seemed to get attached to things pretty easily. I sat and listened to the music, blaring into my ears, giving me a migraine, but I had forgotten my pills. I rubbed my temples and stopped the music, taking the Beats off my head and placing them into my backpack. I stared out of the window, with my hand under my chin, staring off into the land underneath me. I had no idea where we were, but I just wanted to jump off into the middle of nowhere. I didn't know why I felt so passionate about not moving somewhere else. Maybe leaving all of my friends, and new memories behind me. "You okay?" I heard a raspy voice behind me, and knew it belonged to Sawyer.

"I'm fine, babe, you go back to sleep now," I said, and kissed his forehead gently.

"That's my job," he said, and I put on a fake smile in response.

"Well, I just took it," I whispered and he closed his eyes. I looked back out of the window, not ready for what I would have to face.

11111111111111111111111111111

We finally landed at MIA, and I could tell it was hot here. I always loved the heat. That just made me miss LA even more. I waited patiently in silence with Sawyer next to me, and he placed his hand on my thigh. "It's going to be okay, we'll be back soon, but you'll love it here." I used another fake smile, which faded pretty quickly. "I don't want to rush you, or pressure you into anything so please let me know if you don't want to do this." He kissed my forehead, and I shook my head to his response. "I know you don't want to leave Lauren behind, I don't want to leave Tyler, Joey and Shane behind, but maybe this will be good for us. Maybe Joey and Lauren can move with us."

"You know they won't," I responded, not lifting my mood anymore. I had been to Miami before, in fact loved it, but that was six years ago, and a lot of things have changed. "Lauren and I haven't been separated since the sixth grade, I know high school and middle school friends don't last, but I want her too. I know you want me to feel better about this, but it's gonna be hard for me for a little while, okay? But I promise it has nothing to do with you," I said, which earned a smile from him.

"Thanks, babe," he said and I stood up as everyone began to exit the plane. Sawyer grabbed our bags from the cargo hold above our heads and handed me my duffel bag. "Now we have to go find car rentals."

1111111111111111111111111111111

We got a bright blue Mustang Convertible which actually lifted my crappy mood a bit more, and we had an ocean view of the hotel we were staying at. Had to admit, the waters were never this blue and clear in LA, it was just like the tropics. I stood out on the balcony, really wanting to go to the beach which was pretty crowded. I felt Sawyer's arms slip around my waist from behind, and he kissed my neck. "I know you want to go swim, but we have to go see a house in a few minutes. I promise we can when we get back though," he said, cheerfully.

"Sounds good," I said, a little too much enthusiasm in my voice.

"Promise me when we see this house, you'll look at it with open eyes, forget it's in Miami, think of it as home. Alright?" I nodded.

"Sounds good," I said, giving him a thumbs up. "Sounds good."