The Morning After.

As the dry warm air of the morning swirled around our room I peeked my eyes open, immediately closing them as the sun assaulted my eyes. It was the crack of dawn as I woke up and slid out of bed, careful not to wake Set or Owen. Both immediately moved closer to each other and cuddled together. The two of them seeming so peaceful in their sleep.

This morning I decided that I would get a head start before Owen woke up and get him some food. I knew that as soon as he woke up he was going to hate life and everyone else and probably throw up everything that he ate yesterday. Some toast and tea should be enough to soothe his stomach after that and that's what I decided to make for him.

Walking out the room in only my fitted black boxers I strolled down the hall as if I owned the place and straight to the kitchen where Anubis stood leaning against the counter brewing a pot of coffee. All he had on was a large pelt from some sort of animal wrapped around his waist thankfully hiding everything from sight.

"Morning daddy dearest." He smiled in greeting.

It's funny that only a few days ago we found out that we had a mate and now we were already dads. Everything seemed to change in a matter of days after we met Set. Was that how mating is? I never knew considering I always had Owen with me and even when we were young I knew he was my mate.

"Please don't call me that." I laughed as I walked towards the cabinets opening each one until I found the cups and the tea. "Don't you have more clothes than that to wear around?"

"Why not? Aren't you my daddy now?" He questioned innocently ignoring my comment about his clothing. Seriously, I don't think he ever wore normal clothing, it was always some sort of animal pelt wrapped around his waist or he went without clothing unless Set said something to him.

"No. Most definitely not. Set is your dad and I'm his mate. So I guess I'm like your daddy-in-law?" 

"That's not how that works." He laughed. "You're my dad now and that's that." 

"Whatever." I grumbled. "What ever happened to Horus? Did he end up leaving?"

"No he's still here. He'll probably stay in bed until the headache really sets in. When Set wakes up tell him that I'll be back later but Osiris called me earlier to deal with some problems." With that he passed me and left the kitchen after dumping his cup in the sink on the way out.

As I made the tea I thought about Set and his family. The only ones we had met were Osiris, Anubis, and Horus. His son was just as strange as him but seemed more grown up then Set, at most times. Both his brother and his nephew though were just alike. They both loved and hated Set, I could see it in their eyes.

The more I thought about it the more I could relate to how they were feeling. I knew what it meant to be betrayed. Up until our dads adopted us the only person I could rely on was Owen. Our family and friends all turned their backs on us as soon as our parents were out of the way. They treated us like shit on the bottom of their shoes and it was all because of someone we thought we could trust.

Osiris probably thought he could trust Set and then look what happened to him. In truth I didn't really want to dwell to much on Set's past because that's what everyone else was doing to him and I could see how it affected his relationships with them. I wanted our relationship to be a great one and it couldn't be if we didn't start this off right.

"Making some coffee for me?" Horus questioned snapping me out of my own thoughts.

"Not even close." I replied as I turned around to take the kettle off the stove.