Episode 31

Episode 31: Time to Take Action

After a whole week of camping, the gang went back to the academy.

And Kaien happens to be out on the front gate. “Welcome back, everyone!”

”Thank you for the warm welcoming, headmaster,” Takuma said with a soft smile.

“How’s your week go, headmaster?” Yuki asked.

Kaien glomps Yuki and cries. “I missed you so much!”

“Well, that’s your answer,” Zero said simply as he walk inside.

As everybody went about their business, Kaname told Shion that they need to talk.

Shion went up to Kaname’s office. As he went in, he saw Kaname looking outside through the window.

Shion walks up to the desk. “What is it you need to talk to me about, Kaname?” he asked.

Kaname knew there was something going on, but he just doesn’t know what. He turns around to face Shion. “You tell me. Shion, I’m happy that you’re here, but…”

“But…” Shion wants Kaname to continue.

“Why all of a sudden?”

“Oh, you know. I missed you guys.”

“You would’ve sent me a notice that you’re coming.”

Shion was literally sweating, he was nervous, but didn’t show it. “I want to make a surprise entrance,” he tries to persuade Kaname to believe his words.

Kaname wasn’t falling for it, so he pressed forward, and asked, “Does it involve him?”

Shion was thinking about what he is going to say, but he knew Kaname can read mind, so, he decided to come clean. He told Kaname everything he knows from his conversation with Mizuki and interaction.

Kaname wasn’t that surprise, but a little angry. “She knew and she didn’t even tell me?”

“I’m guessing she didn’t want you involve.”

“What am I to her? Her father?”

“Well, you do treat her like she’s 10, set rules, tell her what not to do, and forbid her from being with Zero.”

Kaname may not have any expression on his face, but Shion knew he was angry. “You’re not going to ground her, are you?”

That was the last straw. Kaname went out of his office.

‘Uh-oh,’ Shion thought.

Kaname search for Mizuki presence.

Mizuki was reading manga on her on her bed when Kaname barge into her room follow by Shion.

“Kaname, don’t do anything you will regret,” Shion advised.

Mizuki put down her manga as a confuse expression appears on her face. “What?” Then she figure out what Shion is talking about. “Wait, you told him?” she asked as she gets off of her bed.

Shion shrug. “Hey, it’s Kaname. I can’t keep secret from him.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you made contact with Ryuga?” Kaname asked calmly.

“Because I knew you will act like this.”

“Like what?”

“Well, first of all, you came barging into my room. Oh yeah, and you’re treating me like I’m still 10.”

“I don’t,” Kaname denies it.

“Yes, you do. I’m not a little kid anymore. You’re not father!”

“Is that why you like Kiryu?”

“At least he doesn’t treat like a kid.”

“Do you have a thing with Kiryu?”

“And if I do?” Mizuki said without a hint of lie in her eyes.

“I told you not to get involve with him.” Kaname was dead serious.

“What are you going to do, ground me?” Mizuki challenge Kaname.

In the end, Kaname did ground Mizuki like a father would towards his daughter for doing something he didn’t like.

She was stuck in her room, all alone. She lay on her bed, just staring at the ceiling in boredom. “Can’t believe he actually ground me,” she said with a groan.

Mizuki close her eyes to get some rest. It wasn’t until she felt her arm ache. She sits up, pulls up her sleeve, and stares at her arm. She places her hand on her bandage, and starts to wonder. The scar is clean, but it never heals. No matter what she does, it never fully heals where it’s no longer there. From medicine to blood.

“There has got to be a way I can heal it.” Ryuga came into her mind. “Ryuga…” She pulls down her sleeve, and shook her head. And then, she made up her mind.

That late night, Mizuki sneak out of the academy. She was sorry for disobeying Kaname, but she is doing what she needs to do. She was cautious even with her force field up.

Just as she made it to the front gate, she heard a voice.

“Where are you off to this late?”

Mizuki tensed up which cause her to let her force field down. She was in trouble. She turn around and see Shion there with his arms crossed, and he has a stern look expression on his face like a father has just caught his daughter sneaking out.

“H-Hey, Shion,” Mizuki said nervously. “So, how’s it going?”

“You’re going to Ryuga, aren’t you?” Shion asked.

Mizuki “Please don’t tell Kaname!” she pleaded.

Shion’s stern expression was placed with a smile. “I’m coming with you.”

“Eh?”

Shion walks up to Mizuki. “I’m not letting you go alone. Besides, do you even know where to look?”

“Uh… Well, do you know where I can find him?” It’s true. Mizuki didn’t know where to find Ryuga.

“Yeah,” Shion replied. “I did a little bit of spying. I say it’s going to be a long trip.”

“By the way, why did you tell Kaname?”

”He was giving me the look.”

“You’re a Pureblood too.”

“Well, he’s like a shadow king. He’ll figure everything else later anyway. Besides, it saves you the trouble to explain to him.”

Mizuki was pretty mad that Shion sell her out, but she decided to let it slide since it did save her from getting a cruel punishment if Kaname were to find out later on.

After they finish their conversation, they set off to find Ryuga.