Episode 30

Episode 30: That Day

In a beautiful castle, lit with cheerful light and atmosphere, there stood a young couple staring at the moonlight on the balcony. Ryuga Kusanagi and his beloved fiancée.

Ryuga wrap an arm around his fiancée's waist, and smile at her.

His fiancée couldn't help but blush at his smile. "Ryuga..."

"Tsukiko, there has been something I wanted to ask you." Ryuga separate himself from his fiancée Tsukiko, and got down on one knee. He reaches into his pocket, and presents to her a ring.

Tsukiko let out a gasp of shock.

"Tsukiko Kuran, will you marry me?"

"Yes. Yes!" Tsukiko was in tears of joy.

Ryuga has a wide grin on his face. As he stands up, Tsukiko lend him her left hand. He put the ring on her ring finger, and then, the two shares a passionate kiss.

During their wedding day, they were ambushed by a vampire hunter. He used an enchanted cross to block the higher vampires' power.

The vampire hunter draws his sword. "This is where you die, monster!" He charges towards the couple.

Ryuga stand in front of Tsukiko. "Come at me, hunter!"

Tsukiko sees the blade of the vampire hunter's shine. She recognizes the sword the vampire hunter carries. The sword was made to kill any vampire, no matter how strong.

Just before the vampire hunter get closer to the couple, Tsukiko step in front of Ryuga with her arms to the sides. "Ryuga!"

They didn't time to react as the sword plunge through Tsukiko's chest. Both the males were surprise at Tsukiko's reaction. Blood stain her white dress as the vampire hunter pulls his sword out of her.

The vampire hunter back away from the couple and as Tsukiko fell back; Ryuga caught her in his arms.

"Tsukiko! No, no, no." Ryuga was in despair.

"Ryu...ga..."

"Tsukiko, stay with me."

"I lov..." That was all she can say before her body disintegrated.

Ryuga couldn't hold it anymore, and let out a scream of despair, his voice echoes in the castle, his powers became eruptive. He went on and slaughters the whole village, leaving no human behind. After he finish slaughtering the humans, the loss of his fiancée was heartbreaking for him so he has his butler put him into hibernation.

Many centuries later, a Pureblood vampire has waked Ryuga from his many centuries of hibernation.

Ryuga sit on his throne, all weak and bones. "Who... Who are you?"

In front of Ryuga is a child with different eyes colors. "I am the one who waked you from your slumber."

There was a sense of doubt in Ryuga's eyes. "But you're just a mere child."

The child Pureblood vampire let out an amuse chuckle. "My mere appearance is not important. I am an adult, just like you. My name is Rido Kuran."

It may not show on Ryuga's face, but he is surprise. "Kuran...? I haven't that name in years."

"Ah, I knew you would recognize my family name. You are engage to my ancestor, but they betrayed her trust."

"Tsukiko...Oh how I long to have her by my side again."

"Ryuga, I can help you find her."

Ryuga was cautious of the favor Rido is offering. "What is it you want in return, Rido?" he asked.

"Nothing. I merely want to help you reunite with your beloved," Rido replied.

With those words said, Ryuga accept Rido's offer. And from there, the two made an alliance to help one another if they may need it. Rido help Ryuga get back on his feet and Ryuga accept Rido's kindness without question.

As the years gone by, Ryuga is back to his old self, strong and fairly built, but now hold a strong hatred for the Hunter Association.

In Ryuga's office, he sit at his desk, staring at his crystal ball, spying on the world until he spots a familiar face. He places a hand on the crystal ball. "Tsukiko...?"

In the present day, Rido visited Ryuga in his castle.

"It's nice to see you again, old friend," Rido said.

"Rido...You're looking well."

"So do you."

In the living room, the two share a cup of tea.

"You haven't change a bit." Ryuga was talking about his appearance.

"Yes, I have taken a liking to this body. How are you doing with your...mission?"

"It is not going well. It's that ex-human. She is infatuated with him."

"Infatuated? That's interesting to hear. How will you get her to come to you, Ryuga?"

"I have a plan. I've gave her a scar with my ouroboros dagger. The only way for that scar to heal is by my blood."

"That is your plan?"

"Yes. It is slowly draining her of her life span. I'm sure soon she will realize, and have no choice but to come to me for help."

Rido laugh in amuse. "It's either live, or die."

"But I do not want her to die. She is the only one. She is my Tsukiko."