Episode 18

Episode 18: Because I Like You

“It was about 7 years ago. You were busy, and I was home alone. So, I decided to go out. Then I found this perfect snowy forest. And a rabbit. I end up chasing it. And that’s when I met Zero.”

7 years ago…

Young Mizuki saw a snow rabbit and was chasing the snow rabbit around when she bump into young Zero.

“Ow! Hey, watch were you go-Oh, hey there. Are you a vampire hunter?”

Young Zero quickly pull out his father’s anti-vampire gun and aim at young Mizuki.

Young Mizuki tilted her head in confusion. “Um…what are you doing?”

‘This girl…she’s…she’s not…is she?’ young Zero thought.

“You’re not going to answer me, huh.”

‘No! I can’t do it. I can’t do it!’ Zero thought as his hand is shaking.

Young Mizuki sighs and walks a little closer to young Zero. Young Mizuki places her hand on the anti-vampire gun and moves it to where her heart is.

Young Zero gasped in shock that she did so.

“If you want to kill a vampire, you have to aim at the heart. It’s an easier way to give rid of a vampire faster.”

Young Zero pulls his hand out of young Mizuki’s grip and back away a few feet from young Mizuki.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Why are you telling me this?” Zero asked, being cautious.

“Huh? I’m a Pureblood vampire and father says that we Pureblood are supposed to cooperate with the Vampire Hunters Association.”

“You’re…a Pureblood?” And Zero thought,  ‘But she just touches the anti-vampire gun! Aren’t vampires supposed to get shock when making contact with?’

“Yeah. Oh, by the way, I’m-rabbit!” young Mizuki said as she spotted the snow rabbit near young Zero’s feet.

“You’re name is rabbit?”

“No! Rabbit!” young Mizuki said as she crouch down and grab it into a gentle hug as she stands up with the snow rabbit in her arms.

Young Mizuki rubs her cheek on the snow rabbit fur as the snow rabbit’s whisker twitches.

“Um…I’m Zero Kiryu by the way,” young Zero said as he put the anti-vampire gun away under his coat.

”Mizu-hey! That tickles,” young Mizuki said as she giggles from the snow rabbit’s whisker tickling her cheek.

“Mizu? Isn’t Mizu means water?”

“Mizu? Yeah.”

“At that time, I didn’t bother correcting him. I end up asking him to hang out with me. The next day, I just came back from the library, and you were home, remember?”

“Yeah; I just came back from visiting Kaien and Yuki. What about it?”

“Well, I was just about to step out again when you ask me where I was going.”