Episode 14

Episode 14: Zero Kiryu, Jealous? No Way!

Once Mizuki got back to the Moon Dorm, she changes into her pajamas, and went to Kaname’s room.

Kaname was just reading on his bed when he notices Mizuki. “Mizuki?”

“Can I sleep here tonight?” Mizuki asked gloomily.

Kaname heard the tone of Mizuki’s voice, and said, “Sure.”

Kaname put his book on the bedside table, and scoot to make room for Mizuki.

Mizuki get on the bed. Kaname put the blanket on Mizuki too, and then he turns off the lamp.

“Mizuki? May I ask what’s bothering you?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Hm; I see…Is it Kiryu?”

“Kaname, please…” Mizuki snuggle close to Kaname. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Mizuki…”

Mizuki give Kaname a sad smile. “I’m fine.”

Kaname decided to not pry Mizuki for an answer. Soon, Mizuki fell asleep while nuzzling against the sleeping Kaname’s chest.

Soon, the next morning came. Takuma woke up early as usual. Surprisingly, Mizuki woke up at the same time as Takuma. Takuma sit on the couch elegantly while drinking tea.

Mizuki walk downstairs. “Good morning, Takuma,” Mizuki said half-heartedly. She sits on the opposite couch.

“Good morning, Mizuki,” Takuma said with a cheerful smile. Then he asked, “May I ask, why do you sound like you’re not in a good mood?”

“What do you mean? I am in a good mood,” Mizuki said with a sad smile.

“Something is bothering you.”

“What if there is something that’s bothering me? It doesn’t concern you.”

“You’re wrong. It does concern me. I’m your best friend, and as a best friend, I want to help you.”

Mizuki’s eyes soften as she softly said, “Takuma, thank you.”

Takuma smiled. “I’m always worried about you as much as Kaname does.”

“You don’t seem like it,” Mizuki said doubtfully.

“I’m not over-protective like Kaname.”

“Well then, thank you for worrying about me.”

“It’s what I do,” Takuma said with a shrug. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Have you seen my Naruto manga?”

“Oh! Sorry; I meant to give it back. I must’ve forgotten to.”

“It’s okay. You can keep it as long as you like.”

“Really? I can keep the manga?”

“Yes, really. Besides, I have tons of other manga collection to read through anyway.”

“Thank you, Takuma.”

Takuma nodded in reply. Then he asked, “Wanna hear something interesting?”

“Sure.”

“There was this one time when Kaname and I went to visit Aido, we discover his room was a mess. Aido promise his mother that he’ll clean up his room, but when Kaname I arrive, he still haven’t finished cleaning his room. Then I decided to help Aido. While helping Aido clean his room, I found a magazine. It was...a dirty magazine.”

“A dirty magazine?”

“M-hm…And my curiosity got the best of me, so I scan through a few pages, and you know what happen?”

“No; what?”

“Kaname was behind me and saw the pictures, and has a nose bleed!” Takuma said with a laugh.

Mizuki couldn’t help but let out a cheerful laugh.

Takuma was glad Mizuki was out of her gloomy mood, and now in a good and happy mood.

Then Takuma asked, “How about I take you out somewhere?”

“Hm? You want to hang out with me?”

“Yeah; it’ll be fun.”

“Okay,” Mizuki said with a smile.

Takuma and Mizuki walk out of the Moon Dorm, and make their way to town. While making their way to the front gate, Zero happens to notice them.

Zero was about to make his way to them until he saw Mizuki smiling and laughing with Takuma. Something inside Zero burst, not literally, but it was something that involves his feelings. He didn’t like the Night Class, he must admit, but he did like Mizuki, a lot. Mizuki Kuran is different from the other vampires and different from his older brother Kaname Kuran. He likes being around her. He likes the way she smile, the sound of her laughter, when she blush, and how cute she is when she’s angry. He cares about her to even want to protect her from that vampire prince a few days ago.

But when he saw Mizuki hanging out with Takuma, he starts to despise Takuma to the point of killing him. He was angry at Takuma. He was jealous.

‘Wait, wait! What the hell am I thinking? I can’t believe this! I do believe that I’m falling in love with a pureblood, but…Argh! Zero Kiryu, jealous? No way!’ Zero thought. Then he continues to make his way to class.