Episode 40

Episode 40: Betrayal and Manipulation

After Kaname and his companions found Shion, they continue making their way to the top of the castle. Shion tag along since he his injuries start to heal. Yuki was concern about him, but he reassures her that he's ok.

They arrive at another area, a long and big hallway like the front area of the inside of a castle. There chandeliers on the ceiling and tall windows at the side.

"Up ahead; we're almost there," Kaname said.

Ryuga open the gold urn, and reach inside to grab a handful of ashes, his believed fiancée Tsukiko Kuran's ashes, and then spread them around on the circle. Just before they get to the next part, Tachibana say, "Sir, it seems we have some uninvited guests." He was talking about Kaname and the others making their way to the top, to room they are conducting the ritual.

"Do not worry, Tachibana. I got everything under control." Ryuga snap his fingers.

At the cemetery in Ryuga's castle, the dead suddenly rise from their grave then make their way to were Kaname and the others are. Just as Kaname and the others were about to proceed to the stairs that leads to Ryuga's throne, they stop on their track when they heard a low moan. They look around and notice the undead appears all of a sudden

"What the?! The undead?!"

The werewolves and feral vampires appear through the tall windows, crashing in.

"What the hell is going on?" Hanabusa said.

"Something serious must be happening up ahead," Akatsuki mentioned.

"Well, this is a drag," Shiki said with boredom.

Yuki look at Kaname, hoping he has the answer. "Kaname..."

"We fight."

"That should keep them busy."

With that said, they continue with the ritual. The ritual the two century old vampires were simply conducting is something to bring back the dead. Also, with the ouroboros knife in play, the target would be bind to the person whose blood has infuse with the blade of the ouroboros knife for life; in other words, the target's life will forever be in their hand, and the only one to satisfy their hunger for blood would be the person they're bind to. The only way to break free from the curse is to break the blade of the ouroboros knife.

Ryuga begin to chant an incantation then the circle with symbols starts to glow. Tsukiko's ashes that were spread around the circle start to flow in the air transform into a blue orb of light above Mizuki. A few seconds later, the blue orb of light starts to descend towards Mizuki. Halfway from entering Mizuki, with the ouroboros knife in Tachibana's hand, they were ready to infuse blood into her wound through the knife. How the ouroboros knife works is by having someone's blood on the blade, the blade will glimmer, making their blood infuse with the power to possess completely. And to affect the target, they must let their blood drop into the target's mouth, or spread their blood from the blade on the target's wound.

"Tachibana..." Ryuga said, holding his hand out for the ouroboros knife.

Tachibana walk up to Ryuga, but instead of giving him the ouroboros knife, he stabs him with a familiar sword.

Ryuga didn't expect his right-hand man to betray him and have something that do him harm. "Ngh! Tachibana, what are you doing?!" He sounds like he was panicking; well, anyone would when they feel like their life is being suck out of them.