Chapter One

"One thing I realized about being twenty three is that I know I will never have all the answers. I've been doing the best I can and I know I will have road bumps between parts of my life but I'll get through them. But not only get through them but learn from them. After burying my mother last april I think that was the hardest thing I've ever done but I have to remember. I will see her again and I'll be able to hug her like I used to. Before I break out in tears I will end my speech, life will never be as you planned but if you believe and work hard you will in due time have success." I took a deep breath and the class clapped as I walked away from the podium and I sat in my chair.

"Thanks Ms. Ginson, for your words of encouragement. Alright class last class of the semester. Stay out of trouble and stay save. Hope to see you around school fall semester." Professor Willams said sitting on his desk looking at all the class. Everybody was excited and ready to leave and go on summer vacay. I was excited to make money because let's be honest I have bills and I don't have time for play too often. If I did it was always with my two bestfriends but they were at Uni in California and Newyork. And I've been trying to get them to come back home for the summer but they internships and jobs to help with their careers. I don't want to make them feel bad so I just gave in and told them well hang some other time. It's just me, myself and I this summer.

I picked up my books and began putting them in my bookbag. When the professor called me over. "Hey Ms. Ginson before you go, I wanted to give you this flyer for the summer save the youth internship program. It's kind of self explanatory, you and other students will help high school kids and younger with homework or any problems they maybe having with school."

"Oh, thanks but I kind of already had plans." Lies I said straight through my teeth.

"Hey well I'm just getting the word out. Spots will be filling fast because it's great for students who would like to teach and great for kids getting into grad school. And might I mention it pays pretty good." He said winking about the cash. I really do need money and I never thought about becoming a teacher but I guess that's not that bad.

"Thanks Professor Williams. Ill take it into consideration. " I said putting the flyer in my bag.

"Call me Chris. School is out now. Have a good one Ms. Ginson." He said smiling. I never realized how good looking my professor is. Well that's kind of a lie. I knew he was handsome but these females in my class and a few guys gawked over him all semester. Me being me, I ignored it and did my best to study and turn in my work. I never had time even for the regular guys during school.

I put on my book bag and headed out the door when the Professor bumped into me.

"Damn sorry! I was so worried about checking emails I wasn't looking where I was going." He said putting his hand on my shoulder for reassurance. His grip was strong but calming.

"Oh no it's ok, I wasn't looking either." I said lying again.

"Are you actually busy right now?" he asked.

"Um wel-"

"Oh it's okay I don't want to put you out your way."

"No I was going to say I needed to go grocery shopping but I could order in tonight." I said lying for the thousand time today. I was broke as a joke and I couldn't order anything. I had my rent money in my pocket and I wasn't about to be on the street for a cheese burger.

"Oh well how about you come have dinner with my family today?"

"..Really?.." This nigga got a whole family and I'm drooling over him like a puppy with a bone.

"Yes I think you would enjoy my wife's cooking but most importantly I think you would be a awesome part of the team for the internship."

"Well I don't want to impose. ." I said trying to turn him down nicely.