Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I don't remember much of what happened last night. All I know is that Jessica placed Tobias and I in seperate rooms in this large hotel. I'm not sure where Christina was put but probably not too far down away from where my room is. I took a shower and ate some pieces of bread before I went to bed yesterday. I really was exhausted yesterday and didn't even notice that I feel asleep at five o' clock in the afternoon. The dog got a bath with me the other day too. I notice that he rather stick close to me than he would with either Christina or Tobias. Anyone actually. He woke me up this morning when he jumped on my bed and started licking my hand. I haven't figured a name for him yet. I don't want to give him a cute, cuddly name because that would just sound ridiculous for a dog who literally almost bit my hand. He has become sensible to me though. I sit on my bed with my legs crossed over one another and my hands cuped around my knees. The clothes Jessica lent me last night consist of a mellow orange t-shirt that has a wide enough collar around the neck to show my raven tattoo and a pair of black jeans with a small hole that inches above my knee. I cleaned my boots off the other day and left them to dry off overnight. I never really got to look at where I was untill now. My room i'm in has tan colored walls and a single bed that sits next to a large window. From the window I can see the entire view of Kansas City. At least thats what Jessica said we were. Their city looks much more well built than ours. I look at the dog who looks back at me with his pointy ears up and his body laying limp on the brown carpet. He wags his bushie brown tail back and forth and makes a slight thumping sound when his tail hits the wall.

"And what are we gonna name you?" The dog still happily wags his tail. He almost looks as if to be a puppy. His facial features suggest that he could possibly be a year old. He stumbles up to me and sits down in front of my foot.

"I should name you Gunner." I don't know why that name appeals to me so much but then it occurs to me. "I would assume to name you that because you don't seem to be afraide of guns so much as if to be alerted by them. Plus the name has the word gun in there and it gives me the sence of saying that your really not scared but more fierce or protective." Gunner still stares at me wagging his tail. I rub my hand behind his ears and his coat feels much more softer now than it did before he got a bath.

"You're probably hungry considering that you didn't have much to eat but some of my bread." I too am hungry. I should see what kind of breakfast they serve in this place. By now my shoes have finished drying and I put them on and walk out the door with Gunner trailing along behind me. I hope this place doesn't mind dogs around. When I get to the cafeteria of the hotel which is on the bottom floor, I see Tobias leaning on the edge of the table. When I walk in futher I can see that he's not alone. He's conversing with Jessica. I should save my grief for later.

"Hey Tris." Says Jessica when she sees me. Her shining blond hair hangs down loose just past her shoulders. Today she wears a white shirt and and jeans. It's nothing cute but she still looks pretty. Tobias on the other hand, cut his hair and it looks Abnagation short again. He too is wearing jeans and has on a black shirt.

"Hey." I say, not knowing what else to say or if I just interupted their little conversation.

"Morning sleepy head." Says Tobias. I put on a small smile. I hear Tobias's words yesterday when he spoke to me about how I should act a little bit nicer. Maybe I should just be a little nicer, it can't hurt me.

"See you brought the dog along with you." She says.

"Yeah, we were both a little hungry. Oh, and by the way I decided to name him Gunner."

"You mean that you never knew this dog untill yesterday?" She says. Tobias starts talking.

"We found him as a stray. We thought we should give him a home. Well... untill we get a home."