Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Hello? Anyone out there?" The person starts shouting. It sounds like a young womans voice.

"Should we say anything?" Asks Christina in a small whisper.

"I don't know she has a gun. She could possibly shoot us. Who knows." I say. Tobias slowly gets up.

"Tobias! What are you thinking? You can get shot!" I whisper to him loudly. I pull back on him arm, trying to bring him down and out of sight.

"It's not the point anymore Tris. I rather die for some possible help then to just sit out here in the middle of no-where and die because of starvation." He looks at me seriously, wanting me to trust him. Hesitantly, I let go of his arm. I blame myself for anything that happeneds to him. I don't want to but I have to blame someone. Tobias waves his hand up in the air. Then he puts the other hand up, ensuring the woman that we mean no harm and come with no weapons. The truth is though, is that we all have a gun in our back pockets. I want to take my gun out and shoot the woman but then I have that feeling that there's no reason to once she lowers her gun to her side. She starts to walk towards us as she tucks her gun back behind her shirt. As she moves closer to us, I can see that she wears her blond hair up in a high ponytail. She also has long dark pants on with a dark tanktop that hugs around her small, skinny waist. She almost looks like one of the Dauntless but I don't think that that would exist here. She could also look like me if she only didn't look prettier. Tobias motions us to stand up. Christina and I do what he says. I don't get men when they have to be so controling. I can't say the same for myself though because even I can become a control freak. Still, we do what he says. The woman stops walking, only about five feet away from us. Her gleaming, light blue eyes scan us looking from Christina to me and then stops and stares at Tobias. I grit my teeth. I have to tell myself not here, not now.

"Hello, my name is Jessica." She says, her voice as sweet as honey. She even looks to be my age, at least eighteen or nineteen. "I'm sorry to frighten you all with my gun but I heard a dog barking loudly and thought that someone might be in trouble." The dog sticks to my side, sitting quitely.

"No, clearly we're fine, but thanks for the concern." I give a fake smile as I make my sarcastic remark. Tobias elbows me in the shoulder. My smile wipes off my face as he gives me a look of disaproval.

"Sorry," he says, "she's just a little tired and hungry right now. That's all." I can sence my face blushing red in anger.

"It's fine. No problem at all." She chuckles. "And who may you all be?" Christina answers first.

"I'm thier friend Christina." Christina looks at me an expects for me to say my name next.

"I'm Tris." I say in a low voice.

"And I'm... I'm Four." Why did he just use his nickname? I thought he was going to use his real name for now on. I look at him with question. He turns his head away from me.

"Nice to meet you all!" She says joyfully. "But I must ask, why are you all here?"

"Well, we are here because we need to find help. Our city is in danger and just us alone, could not stop the problems that threat our city soon. We needed to escape Chicago or else we too would be in danger." I can tell Tobias is lying about the part we he said "we too would be in danger" because we should all know for a fact that we are in big time danger... even if we did escape.

"So you guys are a little far from where you came from." Christina gives a puzzled look to Jessica. "So wait, where are we then?"

"You guys are in Missouri. You must have traveled a while to get here."

"Um... yeah, we did." Tobias looks down at the ground.

"Well perhaps we can talk some more about this later in a better location. Come with me, I can find you all a place to stay."As she walks back towards the hill from where she came from, I nudge Tobias back.

"Four?" I say. "Why didn't you use your real name?" He looks back at me.

"It was for sercurity reasons. I don't really know who this person is or if she could be dangerous so that's why used my nickname. Oh, and for once Tris, try to be nice, will ya?" I squint my eyes at him.

"Will you guys stop it." Says Christina. "Now, what are we going to do with the dog?" I almost forgot about the dog. The poor thing still says glued to my side.

"I think we should keep him." I say. "I mean, he most likely would die out here if we just leave him."

"But-"

"Christina," says Tobais, "she's right we should keep him. Who knows, he could be a great guard dog."

"Are you guys coming or do you want to stay out here and enjoy nothing?" Jessica says. We start to move up the hill and the dog follows at my side. Believe it or not, once we're over the hill, I see another city. It's looks just as big as ours. This city looks much cleaner and newer though. It's within some sort of a walking distance so we all walk.

"Honestly," I say, "I hope we'll find help."

"Me too." Says Tobias as he grabs my hand. "Me too."