Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The bumpy road bobs my head back and forth. I feel like it's been forever since i've been in the city where I once grew up in. The memories of all the fun times I had when I was a little girl. Playing Candor with Caleb and learning how to ride my bike. Time passes on too quickly and I soon start to wonder off in my mind about my parents. My hands get shakey just thinking about them. How my mother got shot and the blind memory of her dropping to her knees to her death. I wonder why Caleb didn't make a Revival serum sooner. We could have saved her but it was already too late. My father was a good man too. He always wanted to think positively and do no harm to anyone. His question still lingers in my thoughts as he asked me why would I need to kill people just for self defence. It sticks to my mind and it's one of the things I don't think I will ever get out of my mind. My eyes start to tear up and I stop thinking about my parents. They deserve a better life now.

"You okay?" Tobias asks. " Yeah, just trying to make sense of everything." I explain to him that my past memories lie in my mind as we pass the Abnigation part of the city.

Tobias smiles a little and says, "You shouldn't worry about your past. Your past is what helps you learn in the future."

"I gess your right. It's still all hard to comprehend." I say.

"I understand," Tobias says simpathiticaly, "but you're part of my family now and you will always be mine."

"You're right." We pull up into his driveway and the house has no lights on."Where's your parents?" I ask. I relized that Marcus lost his memory and no longer stayed with the family, but where was Evelyn?

"Oh, Marcus... Marcus is out of the family and Evelyn is gone out to the other side of town for a few months." When Tobias speaks about Marcus he always chokes on his words. Does he still have feelings for him? Question after question buzz in my brain. I don't ask anymore of them because it would be a little rude.

"Someones being a Candor." Tobais's eyes glisten as he speaks. It's funny how we see each other through our eyes. Maybe that's why we love each other so much because we can see read each other like an open book.He understands me and I understand him.

"Ready to see the surprise?" Tobias says. Unsure of what to expect, he unlocks the door to the house. He grabs my hand and in we walk. The light switch ficks on and we are standing in the hallway of the house.

"Tris I brought you here because I thought it was the only way I could have peace and quite to do this... when I first kissed you by the river in the Dauntless compound, I knew you were the one for me. I love you more than anything."

Though my whole body is trembling, I manage to say "What... are you... about to...do?"

Blood rushes through my veins. My eyes turn glassy and then he does what I thought he would never do.

"Tris, would you marry me?" At that point I can see tears in his soft, blue eyes, making me cry with him.

"Yes!" I feel important to this society like I do belong here. I feel purpose within me. He strongly clenches is arms around my waist and we kiss, keeping are mouths together as if nothing could stop us.

Tobias grabs a small, black box out of his pocket and when he opens it, I could of swore my jaw hit the floor. The ring is silver with three, large diamonds in the center of the ring. My eyes sparkel into his as he puts the ring on my tiny finger.

"I love you so much that you have no idea." Tobias says his words in a jittery way. I wouldn't blame him, I would be nervous too bending down on one knee.

"I love you too Tobias." He takes me upstairs and we settle down into his old bedroom. It's night out and the only light entering the room is the light of the moon. His breaths are heavy on mine and his shirt slips off and lands on the cold floor. He slowly starts to undress me but I don't stop him.

We lay in the bed in silence and only hear the whispers of the wind that pass through the open window. He cradles my hips into his and we let our heart beat to the rythem of each others. As we fall asleep, the last thing I feel is his lips against mine an mine against his as we lay only centimeters away from each other.