Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Christina spent the night in the guest bedroom and Tobias and I slept together in his room. In the morning, surprisingly i'm the only one up.Tobias seems to be in a deep sleep because he usually notices if I wake up. He didn't this time. I kiss him lightly on the cheek so I don't wake him. Still siting on the edge of the bed I pick up his watch on the night stand and see that it's seven in the morning. My bare feet hit the cold floor and my body shivers. I can't seem to find my clothes so I pick some of his clothes from the the closet. He still has Abnigation clothes everywhere. I put his t-shirt on and a baggy pair of pants on. I walk down the stairs and find that Christina hasen't woken from her sleep either. I sit on the couch.

I can't help but to think more about what happened yesterday. Why would Evelyn want to destroy the Revial serum? Then something clicks in my head. Maybe she doesn't want to destroy it but instead keep it for herself and try to manipulate the serum again so that she can make multiple serums that can be used for evil. This is not good.

I still feel light headed so I lay down on the couch and put a pillow behind my head. I grab the tan blanket that sits on the couch and put it over me to keep me warm. I'm not tired so I just lay on the couch and stare out the living room window. Little flurries of snow start coming down from the gray sky above. I close my eyes and rest my head.

Ten minutes later I hear footsteps come down the stairs. Their Tobias's because they sound like heavy footsteps which means that is can only be him.

"Good morning." I say. " Good morning to you too." He says.

"Why are you down here?" He looks skeptical. " Oh, I wasn't tired so I came down here."

"Why are you laying down then?" He asks. His blue eyes look me down. I didn't want to tell him that I feel light headed or else he would get worried about me so I quickly find an excuse.

"I wanted to peacefully watch the snow fall from the big window out here in the living room." He buys it and then smiles at me.

"Okay then." He comes over to me and gives me a kiss. I smile right back at him.

"Do you want breakfast or anything?"

He asks. "No, I'm fine." I say.

He walks into the kitcken and grabs some cereal from the cabinet.

He comes into the living room and sits on the single couch next to the one I'm laying on. He turns the news on and we watch. Same news that was on yesterday. Nothing new.

"Seen Christina yet?" He says. I look at him and say that she's still sleeping. He nods and keeps his eyes focused on the television. As I still stare up at the ceiling, I feel the begining of a cramp coming on again. This isn't good. The pain in my stomach slowly becomes greater and I try not to let out a moan this time. I can't help it, the pain is excruciating. Instead of a moan I let out a small scream. In the corner of my eye I see Tobias run to me.

"What happened? You okay?" Instead of his voise rising in panic, it stays calm and reassuring.

"No... I'm not okay. My stomach keeps cramping up on me." The pain is still so great that I let out another scream. He grabs me and sits me up next to him. I moan when he puts his hand on my hip. Before he can say another word Christina comes rushing out if the guest room and looks around the room as if there was an intruder that broke in the house. Shes still in her pajamas and then comes to me, sitting on the other side of me.

"Tobias, whats going on with her?" She seems just as worried as he is.

"I don't know, she says her stomach keeps cramping up on her."

"Do you need to go to the hospital Tris?" Tobias says, clenching his other hand in mine.

" No, the pain is starting... to fade now. I'll be fine." I say. Tears pour down my face. Tobias wipes them away from my cheeks and then without saying anything gets up and goes to the kitchen and searches for something in the kitcken cabinet. Christina holds on to my sholder while my other hand Tobias let go of is on my stomach. Christina doesnt say anything to me, probably because shes worried about me. The pain in my head doesn't stop.

Tobias comes back with a hand holding something and another holding a glass of water.

"Here, take this. This should help you with your pain." He opens his hand and gives me a small white pill.

"I don't know what the name of it is but the bottle says that it should help with cramping."

"Thanks." I say. I take the pill and swallow it down with water.

In less then fifteen minutes I feel better. Not only did it stop the cramping but it also stoped the pain in my head.

"You feeling better?" Tobias asks. "Yes, a million times better. Thanks." He doesn't seem quite as worried as he was fifteen minutes ago. Christina got up from my side and she said that she was going to get ready. I'm still wondering what caused my stomach to cramp. Maybe I should go to the hospital to see. It would probably be better to know whats going on then to not. I don't want to tell Tobias or Christina because they would most likely panic all over again.

Tobias turns off the television and puts his bowl down in the kitchen sink.

"If you don't mind Tris, I would like to go investigate more on that explosion that happened yesterday. Heres the thing though, I don't think you should come." He looks serious.

"And why not?" I ask. "I don't want you to come because I believe you should rest more. Take the day off." He says.

"Okay, okay, fine i'll take the day off." I feel bumed out that I can't go with him but he's right, I do need to relax.

"Great. I will be bringing Christina along with me so you sure you can handel yourself here alone?" He stares deep into my eyes and it gives me a warm feeling inside.

"Yeah, I'm good." He nods, grabs his keys from the table, kisses me on the cheek and then walks out the door. Christina follows Tobias soon after he walked out the front door.

"Don't get into any trouble!" She says and I see a smile curve on her lip.

"Okay, I won't." I say. The house is silent now that everyone is gone. This is my chance to go to the hospital and figure out whats going on with me. I wait untill the sound of Tobias's truck is gone. I change into my clothes that I eventually find by the washer and then sneek out the door.