Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Christina got up early and found me awake. Tobias was still in a deep sleep so I decided to slowly leave him be. Lightly, I kiss his cheek and then run over to the next train car where Christina is. Im not as cold as I was earlier in the morning so I left Tobias's jacket with him.

"So Tris, how'd you sleep last night." She asks.

"Oh, really I didn't sleep at all. I wasn't tired." She scans my face.

"Well, that explains the bags under your eyes."

"What!" My face is already ugly as it is. I don't need bags under my eyes to make it worse.

"Don't worry! I'm just kidding with you." She chuckles at me. I soflty chuckle back.

"Gosh," said Christina in a stunned tone, "Tris you have been getting a lot bigger though. It really shows. How many months do you think you're at?"

I haven't really considered time lately.

If anything, I should be at least two an a half months.

"I'm guessing that I'm at about two to three months along." I force a smile to my face. I still don't feel as confortable at talking about the baby with other people. Even if it is my best friend Christina. The only person I feel safe to talk to is Tobias. He seems to understand me more than anyone I have ever known. That's one of the reasons why I love him.

"Let me know when you're going to name it! I'm dying to find out."

"Okay, I will." I said.

Just before Christina was about say something, a strange sound I never heard before whispered in my ears.

"Wait, Christina. Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" She says looking confused.

"Nevermind. Perhaps it's just me not sleeping last night and it's causing me to hear things." Weird. Really, I thought I heard something.

"What did it sound-"

"Shhh.... I hear it again." I cut her off because the strange sound comes through my ears again. The sound seems a little fimilar as it gets louder.

"Wait, I think I hear it too." She then looks out of the train car door.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go get Tobias." Christina then nods back at me. I rush out of the train car and into the one me and Tobias are saying in. I kneel down next to him.

"Tobias... wake up!" I say in a loud whisper. He's still sleeping. "Tobias!" I say it a little louder and nudge his arm. His eyes start to open and when he sees me, he smiles.

"What are you doing up so early?" He comes over and gives me a kiss. It makes me feel warm inside.

"Listen, Christina and I heard some strange noise coming from outside. We think you should hear it." He looks at me strangly.

"A noise? In the middle of no-where?" He says.

"Apperently so. Come check it out." He gets up from where he was sleeping and then peers out of the open door to see what sound it was that I was talking about. Once again the sound comes through. This time the sound is clear to me and immediately I can depict what it is. It's a dog. Only the sound is familiar to me when I was put under the serum that Tori gave me back when I was sixteen. The first time I was put under the serum that gave me illusions. When my illusion was with me and a vicious dog that came barking and snarling at me but I chose not to kill it. That's when the sound suddenly becomes familiar.