Chapter 21

Chapter 21

That night, I twist and turn in bed. I'm inclosed in a dark room, surrounded by four black walls that tower around me. A strange looking man I have never seen before appears before the shadows and into a dim light that seems to be coming from knowhere. The man inches closer to me, keeping one of his hands behind his back and the other perched to his side. Shadows form over his hallow eyes. I step back untill there is no room left to step anymore. My back's against the cold wall and my hands start shaking with bewilderment. When the mans close enough to me he draws back his leg. He's going to kick me. By determining where his foot is shifting to, he's not going to kick me in the head or on my thigh, but in my stomach. Instinctivley I wrap my hands around my stomach, trying to keep the blows from his powerful kicks from hurting the baby. The pain wrenches me into a fall and I hit the gound. This time I curl my body into a tight, little ball. I shut my eyes tightly. The mans blows to my stomach make me powerless and weak. I can't fight back. I don't feel the blows of the man anymore, but I still keep my eyes closed shut. Suddenly, I here click. I know what that click sound is; a gun. I scream for help, scream to the top of my lungs. The bang comes and I awake to my bed again, sitting up and panting heavily. My palms are all swetty and I feel sick. My hands find my stomach again. I'm okay but I still feel tramatized by the nightmear.

"Tris! Tris!" Tobias runs in to my room with a gun in hand. Once he sees me and no one else, he lowers his gun.

"Thank god. I thought someone was trying to kill you with all that screaming." He runs over to me and sits next to me. I pull him closer and burrie my face into his chest and let the tears pour out.

"Another bad dream?" He asks as he glides his fingers through my hair.

"Tobias," I mone,"that was more than a bad dream it was a nightmear and..." I pause and let more tears run down my cheeks.

"You want to talk about it?" His calm voice sooths me.

"Not now, I don't feel so good to talk about it."

"Okay." He says. My hands remain on my stomach. His hands cover over my hands.

"Whats going on?" Christina stammers in, looking terrified from all my screaming.

"Tris had a nightmear, thats all." Says Tobias. Christina turns around and finds us through the dark. She flicks on the lamp switch near the bed.

"It sounded as if someone was getting killed. It scared the hell out of me! Well, as long as you're okay I'm going back to bed." Tobias nods at her and she finds her way out the door. I still feel the absence of pain in my stomach. I shiver and wrap my hands even tighter around my stomach.

"Did it have something to do with the baby?" He finally asks. I nod. I decide to tell him now because it might make me feel better. After telling him about the nightmear, he begins to cradel me. Through my thoughts, I believe that I may never get over the fact that Tobias acks like a security blanket to me. All through the time I've had with him, he alwas seems to be the one to make me feel safe. Make me belive in myself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Christina and I walk around the hotel as if there's something we can do. Really all we do now is just talk about unimportant things that don't matter much to either one of us but here and there we still laugh at each other. Tobias told me that he had to go meet us in the lobby after he washed up. Gunner walks along me as we enter the main lobby. From the corner of the room, I see Jessica talking to a man. The man has short black hair with a streak of gray in it. He also wears glasses. It must be her father. Jessica locates us in the entrence way and motions us over. Christina and I share quick glances at each other and then walk over to her and the man.