Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The sun trickles down on my face, feeling it's warmth touch my cheeks. My nose is filled with the sweet sent of Tobias as I buried my face into his pillow. I also smell something like someone is making breakfast. I hear footsteps come towards me and when I look up, Tobias is holding a tray of food for me.

"Morning, did you sleep well last night?" Tobias reaches down to my cheek and kisses me.

"Yes.... I did." My voice starts to crack because I just woke up. He sets the tray of food down on the nightstand and starts talking to me.

"Apperently there was a bomb that went off on the other side of the city. It killed at least fifty people." Tobias all of a sudden doesn't have a smile on his face as he looks at me. "I'm planning on checking it out. Would you...um... like to come with me?" He turns around and scratches the back of his neck, almost as if he doesen't want his tattoo there.

Thoughts start running through my mind. The other side of the city is where Caleb was left last night. I'm trying to tell myself not to panic. What if he was one of those fifty people?

Hesitantly I say yes but I still am full of questions. "How did you find out about this?" I say.

"I went outside to the car to grab our guns because I thought it would be smart to have them on us and then thats when I heard the explosion. I turned the news on and heard the reporter say at least fifty people died and thats their unsure of the cause of the explosion." Tobias looks anxious

about going to see what happened because I can tell of it in his body language.

"Let me get ready and I will go with you... but wait, my brother was on the otherside of town." My voice shakes. " I hope he's okay but another part of me says that I shouldn't care. I..." Tobias stops and puts his finger on my lips.

"I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry." I hope I can trust him.

"Let me get ready." I say. He gets up, kisses me and walks out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I walk downstairs, Tobias is by the kitcken table loading our guns. He doesn't look at me when I pass him to grab my knives. I stuff the knives in my pocket and Tobias hands me my gun.

"Make sure no one sees your weapons. If someone finds us armed, theres no telling what could happen to us." Tobias says.

"Okay." I said. He takes the car keys off of the counter and puts his gun under his shirt and tells me it's time to go.

As I follow Tobias into the truck, my stomach cramps up. I let out a moan and he turns around.

"You okay?" He looks worried. "Yeah I'm sure it was... nothing." I say. What was that? It makes me nervous because i've never cramped like that before. I don't want to tell Tobias because I don't want him to worry about me. I convince myself that it was surely just a random cramp. Tobias, still keeping an eye on me, climbs up into the truck and I go in after. The truck squeeks, probably because it's old. He pulls out of the driveway and we set out into the Chicago morning light.