46

Tina and I met Louis and Lottie and Fizzy at the shop a little after 1 and the three younger girls were instantly best friends, rushing into the shop and heading to the back to check out the dresses.

“They’re cute,” I commented to Louis as we watched the three girls interact with one another.

“So are you,” Louis said.

I laughed. “Stop or you’ll make me blush.”

“I’d like to do more than make you blush,” he said. I glanced up at him, feeling myself redden at his comment. He was without his glasses today and his hair seemed longer. He had let his stubble grow out a bit longer and he was dressed in a typical striped shirt and grey jeans.

“I need some ideas of something to get you for Christmas,” I said, changing the subject. The girls had moved into the fitting room to try on dresses.

“Gee, you don’t need to get me anything.” He took my hand in his. “You are enough.”

Oh, god. I was so torn right now. He was so sweet it broke my heart knowing I would probably end up breaking his in a matter of a few weeks.

“Louis, I know, but I want too.”

“Well, I dunno, Gee. I hate telling people what to get for me. So if you see something you think I’ll like, I’m sure I will like it.”

I nodded and moved from him to help the girls with their dresses as they tried on countless amounts before finally settling. But they then wanted to be given the royal treatment and set up with shoes and accessories and I helped them pick things to match the dresses that they had chosen. Three hours later, they were all finished and happy with their purchases and Louis insisted on taking us out for a meal afterwards.

“Anything but pizza or sushi or Italian,” I said as I got into the front seat of his car.

He laughed. “I assume you have had a lot of that lately. I was just thinking something simple like burgers,” he said.

“Perfect.”

We pulled up in front of a burger place nearby and followed the younger girls inside to a table. We were instantly mobbed by fans of 1D and had to leave after we got the food for takeaway.

“Sorry,” Louis apologized.

“Don’t worry about it, Louis,” Tina commented. “I had to deal with it when I hung out with Harry last week. I solved the problem though by making him put on a pink scarf and hat and then no one recognized him.”

“Maybe you should get me a pink scarf and hat for Christmas,” he said to me and I actually thought the idea of getting him some various disguises for Christmas might not be a bad idea. We went back to his house to eat before leaving the girls for the night. I felt bad leaving Tina alone once again but she pushed me out the door, giving me a knowing look. She really was wise beyond her years.

“So, what’s the plan for the night?” I asked Louis as we walked back to his car.

“Winter Wonderland!” He said.

I gave him a confused look. “Winter Wonderland?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s a carnival in Hyde Park. There’s food and rides and mulled cider and games. It’s fun. I can’t believe you’ve never been.” He put the car into drive and we headed back off to the city.

I glanced behind me and saw Tina’s pink scarf in the backseat. “I’m only going if you wear this.” I put the scarf in his lap and he laughed.

“Fine.”

He put some Christmas music on during the drive and he sang along while I hummed since I could not sing for the life of me to the songs, getting us in a cheerful mood. When we arrived, he pulled out the scarf and wrapped it around his neck.