01

"You agreed to what, Georgia!?"

I hated when she used my full name.

"Gemma, there's no way he's going to win." I shook my long brown hair out of the ponytail it was in as we walked to the coffee shop around the corner from her flat.  Her voice was too loud for 10am. I was pretty hung-over considering the amount of alcohol Harry and I had drank last night.

She rolled her eyes. "I need full details. But not until I have had my flat white!"

We ordered our drinks before sitting down at a small table on the street. I sat across the table from my best friend, Gemma Styles, remarking at how similar she looked to her brother. I guess I had never really paid attention to their similarities until now because until now I had only thought of Harry as a friend.

The waiter brought them over and we sipped our drinks.

“Okay, explain this to me again, Georgia.” She set down her flat white and I straightened myself in my seat.

“I was over at Harry’s last night and we were drinking and hanging out and talking about girls and guys and whatnot and somehow the conversation turned into this.. challenge, I suppose.”

She raised an eyebrow at me. “This is my brother we’re talking about. This is gross.”

I snorted. “How do you think I feel? Harry and I are just friends. We’ve only been friends for the last three years. I think of him more like a brother than anything.”

“Pssh, yeah right, a brother that you just agreed to have sex with!”

I rolled my eyes. “Gem, like I said, he’s going to lose. There’s no way he can go six months without sex. God, some of the stories he’s told me, I can’t imagine how his dick hasn’t fallen off by now.”

Gemma choked on her coffee. “Okay, Gee, gross. This is my BROTHER we are talking about. I don’t talk about sex with him.”

I glanced around the street. “You’re right, sorry. I guess that would be kind of weird.”

“So remind me again why you agreed to this?” She fished for more of the story, clearly interested.

“Well, if I win, then he has to post a video on Instagram admitting he wished he never broke up with Taylor and how he wants her back.”

Gemma threw her head back and laughed. She stuck her tongue out. “You did not. That’s amazing.”

I nodded. “Oh, yeah. He wanted to buy me a Maserati, please. I would take seeing that video any day over a car. Besides, we live in London. We don’t need cars.”

“True. But I don’t think you realize how competitive Harry can be. He loves challenges. He would always create these impossible games for the two of us to play growing up where he was guaranteed a win. You should give him some more credit than you are. I think he might be able to pull this off. It’s only six months, it can’t be that hard.

I rolled my eyes. “As I said earlier – the stories she’s told me.”

“Okay, okay, I believe you! Listen, doll, I have to run, but I’ll see you tonight at the after party, yeah?” She kissed both of my cheeks and headed off, leaving half of her flat white and myself at the table. My phone went off, blaring Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble.”

I smirked to myself as I fished it out of my pocket. Harry must have woken up. He sent me a picture of him with the note attached to his head.

Harry: I want birthday sex