17

The next day I lounged around until my front door opened and shut and I realized I had no clothes on. I sat up clutching my sheet to me.

“Hello?” I called.

Harry walked into my bedroom in all his glory. His curly hair was pushed back from his face and he wore a dark green sweater underneath a black pea coat with black jeans.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, realizing I still had no clothes on.

“Get dressed, c’mon.” He tossed a pair of jeans my way and opened my closet grabbing the first sweater he saw – a dark green one.

“Uh, no. Why do I need to get dressed?” I still clutched the sheet to me.

“Didn’t you get my text?” He ran his hands through his hair and paced back and forth before snatching my phone off of the bed and unlocking it. Damn it. I knew I should have changed my lock code.

“Where’s our conversation thread?” He glanced up at me, a confused look on his face.

“I accidentally deleted it.” Worst lie ever.

He raised an eyebrow. “No. You’ve been ignoring me this whole week.”

I glanced around the room not making eye contact with him.

“Georgia Gibson.” His voice was low and raspy and I could cry with how wonderful it made me feel when he said my name.

“What?” I said finally meeting his eyes.

“I need you to come to the airport with me to pick up Charlie. Please. This is important to me.”

“I can’t, Harry, sorry. I’ll meet her tonight.” I wished I had put clothes on and could shoo him out of my house right now. That gave me the idea of a new ringtone for him ‘bitch don’t kill my vibe’. I made a mental note to change it to that later.

“What do you have to do this morning and afternoon that is so important?” He sat on the side of my bed, dangerously close to me. Please either get naked or leave, I said in my head.

“Watch porn, masturbate and eat. Maybe cry. I’m feeling a good cry.”

He laughed, clapping his hand over my knee. “I miss you, Gee. Stop ignoring me, please. Come with me to meet Charlie. You’re going to love her. Please, if our friendship means anything to you, you’ll come with me.”

“Get out of my room.” What I had meant to say was get out of my house but I couldn’t and found myself dressing in the clothes he set out for me and sitting next to him and he drove the hour long drive to Heathrow Airport.

“I get shotgun on the way back,” I muttered as we entered the airport to greet Charlie.