26

After I had dressed in black jeans and a black sweater and packed a bag, Louis and I were in his Porsche and on our way for the 50-minute drive to Brighton.

"So, why Brighton?" I asked once we were out of London.

"It's my favorite spot outside of London and since Doncaster is a bit of a further drive, I figured it would be nice to go to the seaside." He glanced over at me as he drove.

"Yes, but Louis, it's the middle of November."

He laughed. "I know. But I figured the fresh air would do you some good. You haven't been yourself lately, Gee and I wanted to do something nice for you. I figured you deserve something nice. I figured we could hang out tonight and have dinner and pop down to the beach and tomorrow, I booked you a full day at the spa."

My eyes widened. "You did what? Louis, that's amazing. Thank you so much." I reached my hand over and squeezed his leg.

He caught my hand in his left hand and our fingers interlocked. "I like doing nice things for you, Gee."

I smiled. I sat back in my seat and we enjoyed the rest of the ride in relative silence. I peeked glances at him every once in a while. He was dressed in dark grey jeans and a plain black sweater and a black coat over it. He had a beanie on his head and aviators covered his eyes. Some of his fringe showed underneath his hat and I found myself wondering how I got so lucky. I could really get used to this kind of stuff. Harry never did anything like that.

Harry didn't have to do anything like that for you. All you needed was his company and you were the happiest person in the world, my mind said. I mentally argued with myself at how Louis was clearly the better choice and realized how crazy I was arguing in my head and pushed all thoughts of Harry out of my mind and just enjoyed my time with Louis.

He had booked a room for us at The Grand Brighton and once we put our stuff in our room, we stepped out to wander the seaside town. I had forgotten how beautiful Brighton was. I hadn't been there since I was a child and despite the fact the November air coming off the sea was freezing, I felt warm as Louis and I walked hand in hand.

We had dinner at a hibachi restaurant and I laughed when Louis caught all the pieces in his mouth that the chef would toss his way. I failed miserably with all of mine ending up on the floor and the chef gave up after a few tries.

We walked along the stone beach of Brighton and sat for a while watching the sea rise and fall against the shore before we both admitted we were freezing and headed into a café to warm up with a hot chocolate. The waitress immediately recognized him and fawned over him the whole time. He shot me apologetic glances but I just laughed - it didn't bother me. At the end of the night I was going to a hotel with Louis and she wasn't.

"So, Gee, how do you feel? You've got what, four weeks left?"

What? Oh. The bet. Did it really even matter to me anymore? I didn't need Harry's permission or hinderance to have sex with Louis. I could have him right now if I wanted.

I shrugged. "Yeah something like that. It's stupid anyway. I don't know why I'm even bothering anymore."

He pulled me to him, his hands settling around my waist. "You know it won't bother me if you decide you want to call it quits."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know," I murmured. "But not yet."

He sighed. "I guess I can wait five more weeks, then. Let's go to bed."

I woke up the next morning pressed against Louis chest. I pulled my phone off the charger to check the time. I heard him laughter rumbling from him. "It's after 9, Gee. I made sure to stay within your rules."

I smirked and snuggled against him. We lay there like that a mess of tangled limbs, enjoying each other's company until he left the comfort of the bed to go shower.

"What are you doing today while I'm at the spa?" I asked after I dressed myself. I was going to be pampered all day and would just shower when I got to the spa.

"Not sure. I'm going to explore the town some more, I suppose."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead when he left me and said he would meet me back in the room at 5. When I entered the spa I had no clue what Louis had planned. It turned out he had gone all out, booking me a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure and a full body wax. I smirked after I finished left the waxing, wondering if he would enjoy my new Brazilian.

When we regrouped in the hotel I pounced on him as he lay on the hotel bed and he moved me off of him, claiming he felt sick. He was quiet the whole ride home until he pulled up in front of my flat.

"Why didn't you tell me I was the prize for your end of the challenge, Gee?"

Shit. I knew this was going to come back to haunt me.

"Fuck, Louis. I'm sorry. I didn't think it was a big deal." I bit my lip, afraid to meet his gaze.

"It's a big deal to me, Gee. Damn it. I knew this was going to happen."

"Louis.."

"Gee, I told you I didn't want to get hurt and now here I am feeling like shit because you kept this from me. How can you just fuck with people's emotions like that? Did you think that this was a fun game? I told you how I felt about you Gee. I'm in love with you and I am literally sick to my stomach at the idea of you sleeping with Harry."

"Louis.. I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say. I really didn't.

He shook his head. "Just go, Gee. I'll speak to you sometime this week."

I grabbed my bag and got out of his car and he drove off immediately after. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I had royally fucked things up. I could only think of two solutions to avoid this situation but none would save me from having to sleep with Harry unless he had somehow lost the bet and judging from the interview I watched of him on some American television show last week, he was still holding to his promise as he raved about how going without sex had completely changed his life. But did I really want to not sleep with Harry?

A/n: I know this is super short and just a filler. I'm bored at the airport so enjoy!