Chapter 45

"Would you hold still!" Sapphire said for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"I am very still, my lady wife. It is you who keeps moving." Tristan said lazily as he yet again moved slightly to the left.

For the past hour or so, his wife had attempted to clean and re-dress his wound. However, Tristan kept moving half an inch to the left or right, much to Sapphire's vexation. The movements were enough to distract her, but not enough for her to say Tristan was behind the disturbance. She was close enough to the wound not to notice whether he had moved, or her eyes were playing tricks on her.

"I beg to differ, my dear husband." Sapphire retorted, her words dripping with false sweetness.

"You keep moving!"

Sapphire glared at him. She was highly irritated with his behavior. She was absolutely certain he was moving!

"Did someone have a bad morning?" Tristan teased, his warm gaze glowing with laughter.

Sapphire blew a stray lock of hair out of her face.

"My morning was quite nice, it is my husband who is causing my spirits to damper." Sapphire said acidly.

The arrogant oaf would not hold still! In the single hour she was with him, she only managed to clean his wound. She still had to apply the ointment and then the bandage. A task which required no more than ten minutes, would most likely take her a day to finish.

"My lord-" Sapphire began only to be cut off by Tristan.

"My lady, you are wasting precious time. I have responsibilities to attend to." Tristan said, a ghost of a smirk on his handsome face.

Sapphire stared at him incredulously, her cheeks flushed.

"It is you who is delaying the matter, my lord!" Sapphire all but screamed. How dare he turn this around and say it was her fault! His precious time! His precious responsibilities! As if he was the only one who had tasks to attend to!

"I can see something is distraught in your mind, you have been quiet for far too long."

And this time, Tristan didn't hold back his smile. And he knew that she knew. Her captivating sapphire orbs turned to slits as her plump lips thinned. Her bosom heaved in her anger, or rather irritation.

"Quiet for too long?" Her perfect eyebrows arched, awaiting his response.

"Well, when you do not speak every second or so, I have reason to worry. You see, you, my dear, can never stay quiet."

Tristan smiled with mischievous glee. One which only enhanced his hauntingly beautiful features. If one were to take a closer look, his face looked thinner, although it did nothing to hinder his beauty. And at the present moment that beautiful face was adorned with a wicked smile, a wicked sort of happiness.

"Are you mocking me, my lord? Claiming I speak too much? If that being the case, I shall refrain from talking to you."

Sapphire spoke fast, not stopping to breath. Insolent man! How dare he say she spoke too much! She hardly spoke at all! only when she had to! he made it sound as if she was a blubbering buffoon. she would show him the appreciation of her voice. Vile man!

Tristan pulled her flush against him, quickly seizing her lips with his own, being completely careless with the wound on his chest. He smiled thinking of how she would admonish him as if he were an errant child.

Sapphire let out a small gasp, granting Tristan instant access into her mouth. She melted against him as their tongues tangled in a dance as old as time. Sapphire moaned softly as his hands began to follow the action of his tongue. He was a wicked man, this husband of hers.