chapter 8

Tristan swung his sword high above his head, blocking the attack. The sound of metal clashing against metal could be heard from the distance, as well as the grunts of the men practicing. Sweat glistened in the sunlight on his nude torso. Tristan struck, throwing the attackers sword to the far end of the feild. Bringing his sword in the confinements of it's sheath, Tristan glanced at the man.

" That was good, but you're still rusty, a bit more jousting will have you back in shape."

"Thank you, milord." the man bowed and left to retrieve his sword.

Tristan walked towards the water jug. He took a sip as he stared aimlessly towards the horizon. He had been up at the crack of dawn, barely getting any sleep the night before. He was in a foul mood, nevertheless he fulfilled his obligations. The image of lady Dracmore kept replying in his mind. God! The things he could do with her in that tunic.....

Tristan shook his head to be rid of those thoughts. He couldn't continue to feed his fantasies, it'd do him no good. He was frustrated as it was, even combat hadn't improved his mood.

Turning around, Tristan stared at his men fighting. Keeping note of their weakness and mistakes. He would have to get to each one individually. Tristan stared at his manor, from the outside it was magnificent. But with a glance one could tell its beauty ended there. The inside was cold. Tristan lived alone, aside from his men. Then again, he hardly knew a life other than the one he lived.

"Tristan! Tristan!"

Lord Xavier yelled as he ran towards his brother.

Panting, he began, "she said yes mate, yes!"

Tristan stared at the cretin he called friend, " you honestly believe she would say no?!" He questioned incredulously.

"We're you not aware of the way she stared at you?"

" I don't know mate, I was really nervous, barely slept all night."

"Like a true lass." Tristan grumbled.

"You wouldn't understand, commander."

Tristan gave his friend an icy glare at the use of the name.

"I'm getting married Sapphire! Married! "

Isabella screamed in excitement. Her eyes shone with mirth, while a smile was etched across her face. Her cheeks were flushed as she held the pillow close to her. The light of dawn gave her skin a radiant glow, not that she was in need of it.

"Like hell! It's not even sunrise yet Isabella!" Sapphire grumbled as she covered her face. Isabella had been in her room for the past hour or so! Sapphire was happy for her, but coming to her room at this ungodly hour! She was no saint!

"Oh Sapphire, I can't explain to you how happy I am." Isabella said ever so softly.

"We have so much to do! I don't know what I'm going to wear! What color would work, do you think? Perhaps lilac? Or do you think green? Sapphire!!! Are you even listening?!"

"For the love of everything that's holy!" Sapphire half shouted, half grumbled.

"I'm up, I'm up!"

"Well, don't you look charming on this lovely morning." Lord Rivers smirked while looking at Sapphires upset person.

"Uncle John, I suggest you keep your pleasant, cheerfulness to yourself." Sapphire was frustrated. She was so, so tired. And everyone was all jolly.

"Awe, did my baby not sleep."

"Your baby, kept your baby up." Sapphire muttered.

"Such a shame, a pity really." Lord Rivers tried sympathizing, but couldn't contain his joy.

Sapphire eyed him carefully before narrowing her eyes as she heard her aunts voice.

"Sapphire darling! We must go." Lady Rivers called out.

"But aunt Ka-"

"No buts Sapphire, you will be accompanying us with the wedding preparations. We have so much to do."

Lady Rivers paused while staring at Sapphire.

"Honey are you alright, you look terrible."

"Oh, don't worry about her, my baby kept my baby up." Lord Rivers chirped happily.

" I don't believe I understood..."

"It's alright darling, just something Sapphire had said." Lord Rivers continued to eat his breakfast, loving Sapphires irked mood.

"Left, right. No, back. Your grip needs to be firmer." Tristan instructed.

It was mid-day, the heat was scorching. Never less, Tristan had his men practicing one last round before calling a break.

Tristan himself was drenched in sweat, as were all the other men. Sweat dripped from their bare torso. Different shades surrounded the field. Each battling the other. Their hair dripped with sweat. The men were exhausted, but Tristan needed them to fight until their full capability. He needed to make their stamina grow. A weak or tired knight is always useless.

"That's enough for now." Tristan called out.

"We will continue from where we left off before sunset. Who so ever is late will be punished!" Tristan warned.

"I think you need a nice lass to unwind you."

Tristan glared at Xavier.

"Forgive me, but sleeping around isn't what I call relaxing." Tristan spat.

"When's the wedding?"

"In a months time."

"Start preparing, that's a short courting."

Sorry, I haven't uploaded in for ever!!! I've been soo busy!! And I don't like writing unless I'm in my zone. Tell me what you think!