Chapter 31

"You still havena told me why ye hate laird Knight so."

Corriane felt the stinging sensation of pain as her nails dug into the palm of her hand, slicing the skin open.
She welcomed the feeling.
Reveled in it.
Her blood began to dance with suppressed anger, waiting to be unleashed. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. Only when all emotion was wiped clear from her face, did she turn to stare at Fredrick.

"And I have no intention of doing so. I do not ask you the why to your matters, I suggest you do the same." Corriane snapped, her anger barely concealed.

She hated him.

She hated him for being forced to do this. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have had to come to Fredrick. She hated Fredrick. She hated to have to act like a common whore. She hated how ugly she had become, hiding away in the shadows. She loathed the scars which covered her once flawless skin, detested it. She wasn't meant for shadows. She was created to be adorned, to be loved, to be lavished with attention. And all that was taken away from her because of Tristan. She would make him pay. Every anguish, every pain she had ever felt was due to him, and she would make sure he felt the same, ten folds more.

"Aye, you doona, but I do. I am merely curious. Laird Knight has earned my respect. He is brutal in battle, and refrains from people unless he must. What has he done to ignite your anger." Fredrick said as he walked towards her, for once, he truly was curious. He appreciated Corriane's passion to see Knight dead, but he wanted to know why. Knight was a man feared and respected throughout the land. He made an honorable friend, and a formidable enemy. He was quiet, reserved. His honor had stopped him from doing many a things. What had he done to have Corriane hate him so?

"I have no desire to let you know my intentions." Corriane said as she walked towards her chamber.

Once inside, she gave her anger free reign, careful not to leave the evidence. One way or another, she would get her revenge. Fredrick was easy enough to sway. All she had to do was remove her clothes and he danced according to her will.

"Left!! Damnation! I said left! The children! If the children are to be harmed, I will kill you myself! "

"Samuel! No!" He screamed, horror lacing his words. Samuel couldn't die, he wouldn't let him. He had a wife, and his first babe was on the way.

"It has been an honor serving under you, sir."

He watched as the life left Samuels eyes, leaving them vacant. He pulled the dagger from where it had been plunged into Samuels chest. The dagger of a betrayer. Samuels body began to fade away, something uglier taking its place....

"You waste of space! How dare you enter this room!" The beautiful blonde woman sneered, her immaculate nails digging into his sensitive flesh.

"Mamma!" The young boy cried as he was roughly thrown towards the floor, his head bouncing off the hard ground.
The man with copper color hair a shade lighter than the young boys drank his wine as he watched the woman deliver a vicious kick to the lads abdomen, the young lad stayed silent.

"I hate you."

With each sentence, a brutal blow was delivered to his already bruised abdomen. The sound of breaking ribs could be heard.

"You should never have been born."

Her words were followed by another kick. Blood flowed from his mouth, his eyes clenched shut in pain. Every painful word, every kick, he endured it in silence.