Chapter 13

"Ahh." Sapphire woke up with a scream, her body covered in sweat. Breathing heavily, she rested a hand to her chest to calm her rapid heart.

"Just a dream, Sapphire, just a dream." Sapphire whispered to herself while wiping away her tears. Shakily, she glanced towards her window to see it was yet to be dawn. Sapphire slowly got out of bed and put on her shoes. Quietly, she left the manor and headed towards the stables. Sapphire gave her stallion a small smile before saddling it up. She walked her stallion a good distance away from home before she began riding it.

Sapphire let the nights wind caress her wayward tresses. She didn't care if she seemed indecent in her night gown, riding a horse, in the late hours of the night. Okay maybe she shouldn't be out like this, but the night calmed her. She wasn't trembling as much now. Sapphire urged her horse a bit faster. Her horse being her companion since both of them were babes, stopped at her secret spot without being told.
Sapphire climbed down and let out a shaky breath. The water, the trees and flowers, were just as soothing at night as they were in the morning. Patting her horse, Sapphire took off the bit of clothing she had on, being completely nude in the moonlight. She would have made a fine female opposite of Michael Angelo's David. Her skin glistened in the moonlight, giving of an unearthly feeling. Walking as quickly as she could, Sapphire went into the river and swam towards the waterfall. Once there, she stood, and stood, staring off into the distance as tears trailed down her pale cheeks. She dipped her head into the water and resurfaced. The moonlight had made her resemble a goddess, her tears made her human.

"That's highly inappropriate, my lord." Isabella giggled to Xavier while batting her lashes.

"And flirting is very appropriate." Sapphire snickered.

"Sapphire!" Isabella shrieked.

"Isabella!" Sapphire mocked.
"Okay, I'll stop." Sapphire laughed, Isabella was too easy to wind up.

"How very cruel of you." Tristan said softly.
Sapphire glanced towards him with a wicked smile as she sat beside him.

"As if you could do better."

"Allow me." Tristan smirked.

It was another tiring wedding planning day. Tristan was becoming rather annoyed with the whole ordeal, and so had lady Dracmore. Tristan discovered she was a very mischievous lady. They had been pulling tricks like foolish young children for the better part of the day. First, they had spiked everyone's drinks with a tonic Sapphire had learned, which caused one to have the runs, causing lady Rivers to be either red or pink throughout the day. Next, they, or rather Sapphire, had made lord Rivers take a hearty bite, and swallow, of the most foulest of food Tristan had the misfortunes of setting eye on. She had told her uncle, in front of numerous people, and very loudly, that Isabella had made it especially for him. For prides sake, her uncle had ate it. Isabella was too far away to catch Sapphires lie.

Currently, they had made a bet to see who could get the love birds irritated the most, and fastest. Sapphire had gotten under Isabella'a skin in fifty seconds. Tristan didn't understand how he began speaking to her, or rather, she approached him. He'd tried his damn hardest to stay away from temptation, but said temptation had come right next to him, and very close, presenting a challenge, and Lord knew he couldn't resist a challenge. Tristan noticed the bags under her eyes, she looked very tired, and yet she wanted to do mischief. Tristan came to discover he very much enjoyed her company, which was most certainly not a good thing.

"Xavier, a minute please." Tristan called out. Xavier told Isabella he'd be right back before walking towards Tristan. The two lords stood in perfect view for Sapphire to see who amongst her and Tristan would win.

"How's the nose?" Tristan asked quietly, causing Xavier to turn a bright, red shade.
Scowling, Xavier said, "it's perfectly fine."

"Are you sure? It looks crooked."

"Why you-." Xavier began, only to be cut off by Tristan.

"That's not necessary." Tristan said dismissively, "what I would like to know is, should I tell Isabella about your little, what was her name....?" Tristan trailed off.

"Bloody hell! What the devil is wrong with you." Xavier hissed.

Tristan smirked and began to walk away. Looking at his watch, he saw it had been exactly thirty seconds, thirty seconds and he had Xavier's blood boiling.
Taking a seat next to lady Dracmore, Tristan smirked.

"Show off." Sapphire mumbled.

Tristan let a ghost of a smile linger on his lips, his eyes twinkling in mirth. Sapphire continued to watch his handsome face , as she had done all morning long. His eyes, his face everything was guarded. The eyes are know to be the windows to the soul, but it seemed this saying didn't go with him, or he didn't go along with it. She couldn't tell what was going on behind his impassive, handsome face. Or what storms lay behind his fire of silver. It was a miracle he spoke to her, or let her indulge in his company. Being with him left her skin with a heated sensation, one she didn't understand.

"I see you had fun today." Lord Rivers said lightly while pouring himself brandy.

Sapphire rolled her eyes.

"Yes, it was harmless fun."

"Oh, I'm not quiet talking about your mischievous antics. I'm speaking about your lovely company."

"My partner in crime? Aye, you mean lord Knight? He was a rather lovely acquaintance."

"A devil to match another." Lord Rivers smirked, humor lacing his words.

Sapphire laughed softly, trying as she might, she could not hide the color which stained her cheeks.

"I can speak to him...."

"You will do no such thing!" Sapphire said aghast. What had her uncle been thinking.

"I'm merely letting you know I can be of assistance." Lord Rivers shrugged innocently, a sly small playing on his lips.

Tristan stared at the twinkling stars, lost in thought. He could scarcely fathom he had spent the better part of his day with lady Dracmore. He had seen the way people were staring, wondering. He could have cared less, people were always thinking, weak minds had nothing better to do then speak about other people. Tomorrow, he shan't let her near him, she was to much of a temptation.

Thank you for all the votes and your lovely comments, this chapter is essentially supposed to be longer, but I'm not feeling so well, I do apologize for such a short chapter, but a short ones better than nothin ;) and I did say I'd upload once a week ;)

I'd love to hear your thoughts

Comment

Vote