Chapter 29

So Sorry this took forever but school has been a killer. 

-Eden

Chapter 29

   I didn't know how it happened. I didn't want to know how it happened but one thing was for sure. I was damned grateful it did happen.

   One second I was charging for Drusilla and in the next I felt myself ripping away from the beast. I felt as its claws turned into hands, as its nuzzle turned into a nose, while its fur morphed into pale skin. I felt my mind ease as only one person was active in there. Me, myself, and I.

   Don't mistake my gratitude for liking though, don't ever make that mistake. Trust me, I despise Drusilla, but I will not kill her the way the Beast wanted me to. No, I would kill her when the time was right. When the entire pack house crumbles to my feet, then I will slaughter them like the swine they are. Drusilla had belittled me, beat me, and stripped me of any dignity I had left. But now was a different time. Drusilla will feel the pain I went through all those years. So, ill raise her spirits up just to kill her at the exact moment I deemed necessary.

   Julianna! A voice screamed inside of my pounding skull. I jerked back slightly with a small gasp, covering my ears with the palms of my hands.

   Shrinking away I spit out just as furious, Where the hell were you, Saraphine!

   Don't disrespect me, Julia. I have been trying to contact you for ages, what happened to our link?

   Oh, I think you know very well what was happening, Saraphine. I am no idiot! I may not have grown up learning the ways of the link like so many other children are blessed with but do not question me on a matter like this. I know you did nothing to stop him from entering my mind link with you and you're going to tell me why!

   I have no idea what you're talking about. Her emotions washed over me, strong and dominant. Pure defiance hung around me and I sensed a bit of apprehension as well. These feeling that I felt through our link were new to me. Usually our emotions were blocked off from one another no matter how hard Saraphine or me tried to tap into hem. Today, though, was different. I felt the link between Saraphine and I weaken, the dividing line that kept us from fully communicating was dwindling down to nonexistence. It was both exhilarating and confusing all at once. 

   Shut it, of course you know! Links aren't just broken the way he severed mine with yours, so you must have granted him access and I want to know why.

   Don't get ahead of yourself, Julia.

   Saraphine. I growled.

   Hush, Julia. Stop being a winy mutt and listen up. ...Are you finished?

   Quite. I spat.

   Good. Now, I haven't been completely honest with you...

   Oh you don't say! Sarcasm dripped from my lips.

   I said hush! Now, I understand the confusion you feel-

   You have no--

   Zip it! As I was saying I haven't been completely honest and I understand that we are not meant to keep such things as secrets from each other but this was important.