Chapter 1 (Revised)

Alpha, surprised to see me?

*All Rights Reserved*

Chapter 1

   What would you do if your whole life was a living hell?

   Would you stay or would you go?

   Well, I chose the hard way. I stayed and took the abuse for 15 years of my life. 15 years!

   But no longer.

   I was no longer going to sit and wait for them to get an attitude change. It was me who needed to change. I was the one that needed to wake up to reality.

   The harsh world.

   For deep within my heart, I knew I was made for great things, all I had to do was wake up and smell those bloody roses.

   Oh yes, I am awake and I smell those red roses perfectly clear.

   I'm Julia Williams and this is my story.

   My beginning.

   And.

   My end.

**************

   "Julia! Get down here this instant! We have a pack meeting tonight and I won't let your sorry ass screw it up!" Cole shouted to me, his voice causing shivers of panic to crawl down my spine.

   Cole, was the first person to ever bully me. It all started with him and his father years ago. Funny thing is is that Cole and I, at a very young age, used to be friends. That all changed when Cole's father saw something in me. A darkness he feared would destroy his pack if not handled with. So, as punishment for me being such a despicable creature I was beaten. At a young age I never understood what I had done wrong. Now that I am older, I still don't understand. I don't understand this darkness Cole and his father seem to think I have. If I were so cruel why was I even born? In a way, I guess, I believe them. I mean my parents, my own flesh and blood, didn't want me so there must be something wrong with me, right? Everyday and every night I was reminded of this. That my parents didn't want me and that I was a mistake.

   My physical state isn't any better then my mental. I weigh less to nothing while my skin clings to my bones. My dark chocolate hair is greasy and matted to my head, and my eyes sunken from lack of sleep. I have never seen such eyes as mine. So tortured with pain and sadness you wouldn't even recognize that I was just a little girl. The beatings are never good. I'm lucky if its even remotely close to just a punch in the face. At age thirteen, two years ago, I made a grave mistake. I won't dwell on what it was but it cost me a whipping to the back. The scars are still visible 'till this day and often get re-opened when they decide to get physical with me again. Life hasn't been good to me and I don't think it ever will. Besides with the way my life's spiraling into I'll be dead in months to come, then I can be free of these monsters.

   "Coming!" I reply in my most calm and collected voice. Making sure not to show any emotion as I did so. That's another thing to worry about while I'm here. These people think weakness is a bad thing so crying out when I get hit only makes the punishment that much worse.

   As I race downstairs, careful not to run into anyone, I stumble over my own two feet and fall face first at the bottom of the steps. "Took you long enough." Cole remarked while sloppily kissing Drusilla. She made a disgusting moaning sound with her mouth which had me swallowing the barf rising in my throat.