Chapter 10 (Revised)

Chapter 10

AUTHORS NOTE--Ok so this beginning may be a little confusing because I forgot to mention in the first chapter that Cole's mother was gone. Hopefully I explain the situation in this chapter good enough. 

Tom's POV

   "Hello, Tom. Long time no see." A women purred in my ear. It was my wife, Sara. My dead wife. She's haunted me ever since I mated, Amanda.

   You see it was a very complicated day for me, my Ceremony. I can still remember the way Sara looked when I told her that I never loved her and that I was in love someone else. Anyway, I thought I loved Amanda, at the time, turns out it was only for her body. Merely an infatuation.

   When Sara found out that I was her mate on her 18th birthday -- after I had hidden it from her for a year after my 18th birthday--she was furious. She went on a whole rant about how mates are supposed to be together and how I was making the biggest mistake of my life. I was 19 for crying out loud, I was immature and I thought I knew what I wanted, so I told her exactly what I thought.

   I said and I quote. "F*** off you disgusting brat! Your needy and whinny and I hate you. I cannot believe that fate paired me up with someone like you. I feel no desire to be with you and I never will! I curse the day I met you!" I spat in her face. She looked heartbroken and angry at the same time, but what did I do I waved her off. I was Alpha, I didn't need her. 

   Flabbergasted she stood deadly still for a second, then yelled right back at me. "You jerk! You have no idea who I am or what you have just done! You'll see! You'll all see! I will make you rue this day! You hear me! You'll wish you were never born!" She screeched and ran away from me and the crowd that came along with the fight. I stood there shocked by her sudden out burstnot expecting that kind of reaction.

   So I stood there up until my father came over to me demanding for an explination. So I told him. After that I lost most of the respect I had from my pack including my parents. No one dared judge me or speak to me. Not months later I felt a tight ace in my heart. The pain was unbearable but I pulled through. Having not formally rejecting Sara the bond between us was still there, so as the ache in my heart dulled to a dim throb I knew something had happened to her. I never did figure out what, but my guess would be rouges.

   A few months later Amanda gave birth to my son, Cole. Only, I never waned an heir. I wanted to be Alpha for as long as possible and that wouldn't happen if I had a son. So I resented, Cole. Amanda and I got into a big fight about the child and she lost it. She told me that after he was born she would leave. That's exactly what she did. She left. I raised my son up with much distaste and made him into exactly what I was at his age. Conceited and cruel.

   I am selfish, what can I say, I wanted Cole to feel the pain that I felt. And look where I am today. Both my wives are gone, my son Alpha, and Sara's ghost haunting me. Turns out she was true to her word. She said I would regret rejecting her and boy was she right. The worst thing is is that no one else can see her. I've pleaded for forgiveness but she will not give in. She says its to late for sorry. What can I do? Nothing. She's got a hold on me, I can't sleep without seeing her face in my dreams. 

   "Sara." I sighed rubbing my eyes. "What do you want?"

   She giggled "Oh Tom, you know what I want, you're suffering." She smiled.

   "Just leave me alone you crazy bit--"

   She hit me across the face, "That's not very nice, Tom. You know I hate it when you disobey me." She growled through gritted teeth.

   "I-I wasn't g-g--" I stuttered.

   "I-I wasn't going to my ass!" She mocked me. "Your pathetic, Tom. A real moron." She spat.

   "Just get out of my head!" I screamed at her.

   "No!"

   "Leave!" I cried. Hot tears spilling down my cheeks. I don't care if it's unmanly to cry I wanted this woman out of my mind!

   She grabbed me roughly. "Listen, Tom and listen closely. You are my puppet and always will be, you will do my bidding and like it!"

   "No, leave, get out! I don't want you in my head! Can't you see what you're doing to me!" I yelled.

   "Exactly! I can see and I enjoy every minute of it." She evilly laughed.

   "GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!" I pronounced ever word.

   "No." She replied with he same smugness from before.

   "Sara please!" I begged.

   "I'm tied to you, Tom. I can't just get up and go. Your stuck with me until the day you die and there is no escape. If you kill yourself, you will awaken the next day. If you run, I will follow. If you try and kill me, I will pop back up. Face it your trapped in this void, Tom. The only way out of this is to be killed by an Original." She smiled.

   "You know who can undo this?" I asked disbelievingly.

   "Of course she is the daughter to the one who helped me in the first place." She smirked.

   "Where can I find her!" I jumped from my chair.

   "Not telling." She sang.

   "Gosh damn it! Tell me now!"

   "No, its fun watching you squirm." Sara chuckled.

   "Tell me!" I exclaimed and wrapped my hand around her neck, chocking her into stop laughing.

   "Get your slimy hands off of me." She said darkly. 

   "Tell me where I can find her." I squeezed harder.

   "What can I tell you to find when you've already found it." She gasped. Oh how badly I wanted to kill her but even if I suffocate her she'll be back in the morning.

   "What are you--"

   "She's coming." Sara interrupted.

   "What? Who?" I looked around.

   "Julia." She stated. "You'd better let me go." Sara smiled. I released her just as I heard a knock at the door.