Chapter 24

AN: Sorryy that I haven't updated in a while guys ;( I have no excuse except that I've been rewriting some chapters and that I have had a bit of writers block. I love all of you and I hope you like this chapter.

Love me, Eden

Chapter 24

   A comfy white sweater hung from my shoulders, its soft fabric rubbing up against my skin. Nice fitted black leggings clung to my legs matched with silvery boots. A light smokey eye shadow was swept across my eye lids, topped with a light application of mascara, along with a soft petal lip stick color that was washed upon my nude lips. My hair was stick straight with a small hair bow pinning my bangs back.

   "7:50." I sang to Tamara, who was sprawled across my bed, with a light up yoyo spinning between her fingers.

   A soft huff came from between her lips, "Are you really timing the boy, Julia?" She laughed.

   "As a matter of fact I am." I crossed my arms over my chest, "He has one chance and I have explained this to him earlier. If he blows it, that's not my problem." I replied grudgingly.

   "I don't even think you should give him the light of day in the first place." She retorted. " Not to mention you already have other eyes set upon claiming you."

   I shuddered at her words, "Firstly, I have no one pinning for me. Second, Cole and I aren't even a thing. Thirdly, I will not be claimed by anyone, I will be liked by someone. I am not a piece of meat guys can just compete for." Anger rose in my chest as I spoke.

   "Whatever you say, J. Just know that I think Cole may see this date as something other than what you see it as."

   "And what is that?" I questioned.

   She giggled, slipping up from the bed and walking over to me, "Unlike you, my friend, Cole has a completely different approach for tonight. You, on the other hand, are looking at this as closure between the two of you. And some mighty fine closure it would be...if you were both on the same page, that is." She gave me one of her signature smirks.

   "You don't know what you're talking about." I waved her suggestion off.

   "Oh, yes I do, and better yet so do you. Somewhere deep down inside of you, Julia, you want this to happen, your craving it and why shouldn't you? After all, you are mates, so the pull is still very strong between you two." She explained to me as she picked at her fingernails.

   "You forget he rejected me." I growled.

   "But you didn't reject him! Thats the thing, Julia, you where kidnapped before you could reject him properly so the bond for you is still very real and since you didn't close of the attraction completely he still feels it too." She persisted, while a part of me flinched when she mentioned the fake kidnapping. I had almost forgotten that everyone still thought that's what had happened, and it hurt to know that Tamara thought that as well. But if I wanted this plan to succeed I would have to play victim again.

   "I-I don't believe you, I cant believe you. Ive tried so hard over the years to get the image of us out of my head and I was doing a pretty good job for a while, until now." I paused, "There's just something I cannot explain..." I drifted off.

   "What, what can't you explain?" Tamara asked me.

   "It's not important."

   She snorted, "Yes, it is. Please, Julia, you can talk to me for once just say whats on your mind without lying!" Tamara exploded. I stand there shocked for a few seconds but quickly collect myself as Tamara, realizing she has lost her temper, tries to calm down.