Chapter 22

A/N- Short, yes. But I wanted to get this part out ASAP!!!!!!!!! Just a little more info about Cole and his father. Yah, I hate his father with a fiery passion and I tend not to hate anyone. It is all bran new to me. Hope you enjoy!

Vote. Comment. Like.

That's all for now my lovelies!

-Eden

Chapter 22

    "What do you want, father." I sigh and lift my heavy head from my hands. It's been a tiring few days and I don't need anything else on my plate. 

    "I want you to run this freaking pack better!" He shouted, his blood red, drunken eyes, beaming out at me through the dim lighting in my office. 

    "I'm running this pack just fine." I stand my ground. 

    He brushed a sweaty hand through his tousled hair, "Then explain to me..." He licked his lips dry, "Why everything seems to be taking a turn for the worse!" He swung his arm back, whacking the lamp on my desk. It crumbled to the ground with an ear splitting shatter. No doubt the whole pack would have heard, if not for their daily training outside. 

    "Everything is taking a turn for the worse because everything is falling apart! Not because of me! But because of you! Julianna's parents! Julianna herself, but mostly because of that bitch who's controlling you like a puppet!" I slam my hands down on the top of my desk, shaking everything to its core. "That's why, father." I seethed. 

   "She's here now isn't she? Right in this room...right by your ear, whispering, mocking, toying with you." My fathers eye twitches and his hands clam up, "I think the most hilarious part is is that you believe your going to come out of this alive, dear father." 

    "You know nothing!" He scoffed. 

    A sloppy smile spread across my face, "Is that so?" 

    My father visibly swallowed hard, sweat trickling down his jugular. 

    "Yes, it is so." 

    "Then your a bigger fool than I thought, old man." I chuckled, "Get out." I point to the door. 

    His eyes darken and his face reorganizes itself into a man of danger, "You've got another thing coming, son. You have no idea the forces your up against." 

    "Actually, I do. You think I don't know about Julia? Well, I do. You wanna know what else...I'm going to save her." I say with conviction. 

     My father gave me a pitiful look, "How can you help the wicked? Their already lost, might I add mad."  

    "Like you?" I tease. 

    "No." He growls through clenched teeth. 

    "Last I checked you are. Lets see..." I stuck my fist out. "Your insane. Your malicious. Your an abomination to the pack." I count the list on my fingers. 

    "I'm not!" My father intends for it to be strong but it comes out shaky and weak. 

    "You are." 

    "I'll kill you!" He shouts and pounces over the desk. I easily slam his head against the desk and hover over his back my lips close to his ear. 

    "Your a sick man, your no father of mine, you never loved me and you never will. You were a pathetic excuse for an Alpha and your being used like the pathetic man you are. You disgust me." I threw him away from me. He stumbled back a bit but never fell. 

    "You think I care about one God damn thing you say, Cole. Your right, I don't care about you. Your just the Thorne in my ass that that blasted woman left me with. I should have killed you. I should have gotten rid of you from the start. Your a disappointment to our family. Your a disappointment in the eyes of everyone! And I'll take satisfaction when you burn in hell. Julia will put you rightfully in your place. After all you rejected her! You made her leave! It was all you!" 

    His words hit home and he knew it. I could here his words echoing around my skull. The agony of it all, but alas it's the truth. I'm the fool who rejected his mate. Who never loved her the way I should have. Now that I do love her...it's too late. She hates me. But one thing my father said is untrue. 

"Yes, it was my fault but you forget you where Alpha back then, not me. I may have been the one to torment her but you never stopped us...yes, us. It wasn't only me, it was the whole pack. Your as much to blame as me. You know what else?" 

"What." He breaths. 

"I'm not the only one she's pissed at. If I go down, so do you."  

    He growled at me, then his head shifted to the left a bit. Like he was listening to something...or someone. This Cheshire Cat smile formed on his lopsided grin and danced with mischief. "Tell me son, how can you love a beast like her?" He chuckled. 

    I froze where I stood. 

    "That's right, I know you love her. Isn't it so obvious." 

    "I don't know what your talking about." I deny. 

    "Oh ho but you do. You know in your gut how you feel for her. You just hide it because your too much of a coward to act on it." He stepped closer to me menacingly, "Face it, when the time comes for you to be the noble hero you'll fail. You will betray your whole pack. You will betray, Julia." 

    "I won't betray, Julia! Not again!" 

    "Oh but you will betray her, you will be the cause of her death. You will be her unraveling. Deep in her heart she loves you, Cole. After all she is your mate. You rejected her but did she ever really reject you?" 

    What's he getting at?  

    "Look at her, Cole." He pushed open the blinds to the window. Julia stood below warming up with the other wolves. "She hasn't even been here a full two months and your already going to ruin everything." He snickered. "Oh Cole, your heart is already as black as mine." 

    "No, your wrong about me!" I denied. 

    He cackled, "You know I'm not. Besides we may hate each other but remember, like father like son." 

    "You don't know me at all!" 

    "Oh yes I do, son, better yet you know yourself." 

    "I don't believe you!" 

    He sighed, "Fine then, lets make a deal, if you win ill leave permanently but if you don't I get to kill you myself. What do you say, boy, will you shake the hands of dirty sinner?" 

    I thought for a second then I did something I'd later regret for the rest of my life...I shook the Devil's hand. 

    "Deal."