Chapter 17 (Revised)

Chapter 17

   Shocked, I stood there staring at the people who left me in this hell hole for fifteen years. The urge to scream at them weighed heavily in my mind. I hated these poeple. This woman who caried me in her womb. Who left me alone. I hated her. This man who can't even look me in the eyes, my father, I hated him as well. 

   Twenty years of my life waisted wondering what she looked like and if she's ever going to come back and then--oh would you look at that--little Mrs. "What surprised to see your own mother!" Walks back into my life like she never left. 

   Angrily, I stomped my way ou of he ballroom leaving the gapping crowd in my wake. I needed to leave before I did something I would regret and end up spilling all my secrets. 

   Quickening my pace I heard someone running after me. "Julia!" Someone shouted from behind me, "Julia, wait please!"

   "What?" I shouted behind me. The force in my voice surprising myself and Tamara.

   "Julia..." She said breathlessly. "What...what are you doing out here?" She touched my shoulder and spun me around to face her.

   "What does it look like, Tamara? I'm running away from my problems. It's what I've always done and what I'll always do!" I replied anger seeping through my words. I felt like I needed to rip the nearest persons throat out and that just so happened to be Tamar which made me even angrier.

   She took a steady step back from me, a flash of fear evident in her eyes. "Look Julia I'm not sure why you're so shocked to see your mother or why you hate her so much--" I held up a hand to stop her.

   "The reason why I hate my mother so much is because she was never there for me! She never even loved me! I don't know that women in their, can't you understand! I don't know that monster who claims to have carried me in her womb for nine months! I just don't know!" I paused. "I just don't know."

   "Julia--" she reached out for me.

   "Just stop. Look Tamara if you know what's best for you you'd leave right now. I'm in no state to talk and I happen to be very temperamental at this point in time. I don't know what I'll do if you stay ok. I'm not in control of my actions." I said firmly.

   A tear slipped past her eye. "Ok." She released me, then turned back around. "You know Julia the more you push people away the more angrier you'll be. All you have to do is let it out sometimes. Crying doesn't show weakness it shows humanity. And real weakness is showing no humanity." She whispered her soft brown eyes boring into mine.

   "Then I guess I'm at a lose." I whispered harshly.

****************************

   "You're so hot!" I exclaimed as I teased my latest victim. Jonny was a twenty-three year old who had quite a reputation with the ladies. Meaning he roamed the street at night looking for innocent girls to pray upon.

   Jonny was no angel.

   I found him hiding out in a deserted ally about a half hour away from our pack house. The little vermin had on a fancy suite and a brief case. Inside the briefcase he held a gun. When I took hold of the bag I noticed the weight of the gun was pretty light, its balance good, and carried five bullets. At this very moment Jonny sat on a wooden stool and I straddled his lap. We were seated at a local bar and had been flirting it up for at least an hour.

   "So whats a pretty lady like you doing out all alone?" Jonny asked as I unbuttoned his coat, my other hand playing with his hair.

   Step 1: Find out if the victim is all alone.