Chapter 23

A/N- Chapter 23!!!! Love y'all so much!!!! I want chocolate really badly!!!!! Or sour patch kids!!! I wanna see Frozen, who's with me!!!!! I'm a Disney freak don't judge me!!!!!

Vote.

Comment.

BE MY FRIEND!!!!

-Eden

Chapter 23

   Dear Diary,

   Today began with such promise and now look... I'm sitting at a restaurant with my ex-mate and smiling? What has the world come too?

   Ok, so maybe I'm starting off at a bad time so allow me to rewind a few hours for you.

   It all started early in the morning. I was minding my own business when suddenly my bathroom door broke down. At first I was utterly confused, but then Cole's jet black hair leaped out at me. Luckily for him I was too shocked to do anything...that is until the shock blew over and I may or may not have accidentally kicked him. In my defense he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing.

   Anyway, he went on to ask me to dinner, this is how it went.

-----

   "Cole! What on earth are you doing?" I screeched while helping him stand on his two feet.

   "I was just...just..." He wheezed in between his teeth, "God, Julia, I think you broke one of my ribs." His face pinched together with pain.

   "Oh, oh my goodness! I--I was...wait a second. It's not my fault, your the one who knocked my door down!" With a heavy breath I folded my arms over my chest, my nose flaring like a bull.

   He ducked his head into his chest and a crimson blush cracked upon his cheeks. This was very bizarre behavior for Cole. For the past few months he had been moping around, all depressed and such and then suddenly, he's here talking, blushing, and talking! To me! I mean, there is still a part of me which loathes him for rejecting me and basically killing, Page, but nonetheless my heart, deep down, still years for the blissful feeling it gets when Cole's around me.

   "Look, Julia." He breathed, "I was, uh, I was just wondering if tonight you'd like to go to dinner with me!" He rushed out to say. His words slurring together just the tiniest bit, while his leg bounced up and down like a nervous schoolboy.

   "Pardon me?" I question, not sure id heard him right.

   "I said--" he began.

   "I know what you said." I waved a hand to stop him, "I'm just very confused why you'd want to go out with me."

   "Well, it doesn't have to be a date! I mean if that's what you want to call it then, yes, it's a date but what I'm trying to say is--" I placed my index finger on his lips, silencing his gibberish.

   "Why are you doing this?" I whisper almost in a trance.

   "What?"

   "Asking to have diner with me? Why do you care?" My face became hard and my finger drops.

   "I've always car--"

   "Don't!" I warned, "Don't say it because I know it's not true."

   "But I...I do care." Coles face morphed from embarrassed to remorseful.

   "No, you don't, or at least you didn't. So please, don't pretend." I backed away from him. His eyes cast down to his feet and he slowly retreated away from me.

   "Sorry." He turned to walk away.

   A little piece of the wall I built up came crashing down around my heart and I said, "Come get me at 6 o'clock."

   He stopes mid step, "You--what?"

   "You heard me and I'd rather not repeat myself. So, if you don't want to--"

   "No, no I want to go, you just...surprised me." He smiled.

   "I've been surprising myself lately." I counter.

   "Right, well see you at six, then." He nodded to me.

   "Not a minute later or I don't go." I warned. He nodded fiercely then ran out the broken down door.

   When I looked into the mirror next to me, Julia, the dark temptress I made myself up to be, wasn't the one I saw. Instead stood a scared little girl with big doe eyes and a roman nose. Her lips were pulled back in a small smile and satisfaction glimmered in her sea green eyes. This was the Julia I used to be, sweet and innocent with pureness surrounding me. I cahusisly brought my trembling hand up to my face, touching my smile and feeling the heat race over my cheeks. Amazement washed over me as I saw the transformation of what I am and what I used to be flicker in the mirror. A part of me longed for this girl to return and hoped she would, but I knew I could not go back to this lighter side of me. So it was, with a heavy heart, my hand fell to my side, my smile broke, and my face became void of any emotion.

   The sweetness was gone, my innocence black, my heart gone evil, the Julia I am, was back.

-----------

   "You must be joking." Tamara snorted.

   I gave her a shy look.

   "Tell me your joking?" She insisted.

   I sighed.

   "Julia! You can't be serious! After everything he's done!" She shouts.

   "Look, it's not like I'll enjoy myself." I reasoned.

   "Bull shark!" She springs from my bed, walking heastily over to me, "He's your mate, Julia. No mater how hard you try until you properly reject him and find someone else, he'll always be there in the back of you mind. It's only understandable that you'd have a good time tonight, J, he's your other half, he's supposed to make you happy and he failed five years ago. Hell, even before five years ago he failed at being there for you. As your best friend, listen to me when I say this, don't let him in so easily. He may have calmed down from his...playerself...but have no doubt he's still the same guy he was years ago. Just masked most of it up."

   Nodding my head to Tamara, I turn, and face the wide golden laced mirror on my wall. Pulling my hair out of its ponytail and letting it fall down the length of my back, I looked in the mirror once more, as I found myself doing that frequently these days. "I know, T, I won't fall for him. But, please, let me have this one moment of happiness. I need to feel something, anything, so I can move on from this." I pleaded.

   "I understand, Julia, but we both know if anyone gets hurt in the end, it will be you."

   I chuckled softly, "When did a seventeen year old become smarter than me?"

   "The day you realized that I'm better than you." Tamara joked.

   "Yah, right." I scoff.

   She sticks her tongue out at me, I return her gesture, and with a tiny push, shove her out my door and into the hall. Her laughter filling the corridor as she skips away joyfully.

-------------