No Matter What

Don't know if I'll actually go through with this. Just an idea I have. Tell me what you all think! :)

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 

Prologue

Olivia's POV

I began to curl my brown hair, smiling lightly as another curl fell onto my shoulder. Once my hair was all done and curled, I changed into the outfit I picked out for today. I put on my skinny jeans with a white lace sweater on. I looked fairly cold outside. I put a cute fedora on. I'd describe my style cute, but also edgy. I fastened my thin brown belt around it and put on a little gold ring and a few bracelets then went to work on my makeup. I never really wore too much. I put my mascara down, seeing the door knob move back and forth. A hand stretched through the door, making a few quick movements. I watched my brother's hands carefully.

Olivia! Hurry up! You girls take so long...

Sign language. I thought it was really sweet of him and the family to learn, though I could read his and their lips just fine.

"It takes a lot to look this good in the morning!" I yelled back, bouncing my curls up and down a bit in the mirror.

What do you mean? You're related to me and Ben! We're very good looking!

"Yeah, for a gorilla that is!" I shot back and went over to the door and opened it up. My older brother was drumming on the handles of the staircase. Typical. I glared at Josh as he laughed at me. Maybe it's all starting to add up now. The gears are turning in your head. My brother's a drummer and his name is Josh. Sound familiar?

Yup. One of my brothers was Josh Devine.

Yes, the Joshua John Devine, the super famous drummer from One Direction girls fangirl over. He was older than me by three years. My other brother, Ben and I were separated by a year. I was their little sister, only 17. They didn't end up like me though...

I snapped out of my thoughts as Josh kissed my forehead, making more movements with his hands quickly.

Ben made breakfast for you. Note downstairs too.

I nodded and ran downstairs but didn't see Ben. But I did see he actually made me breakfast. Usually the guys were to lazy to do anything, leaving me to do it. I lived with my brothers most of the time, but stayed with my parents often since I was still in school. I saw he had made me some eggs and toast with Nutella. I loved Nutella. Nutella was like my life. It was like my weakness. It was so good. Next to the plate there was a note, just like he said.

Livi, the boys are coming by later. Did you wanna come? We might head to the mall. Feel free to bring one of your girly friends if you want. :) xx -Josh

I put the note down and walked to the living room with my toast and Nutella, plopping down on the couch and sinking into the love seat. I left the eggs in the kitchen and I started to flip channels. I watched TV a lot. I didn't go outside much, and before you call me anti-social, I have reasons why. Most of the time I watched TV for practice. I practiced reading people's lips. I was beginning to get very good at it. I flipped onto Access Hollywood.

All right, let's see what stupid rumors they made up today... I thought, watching the perky host's mouth. The more she talked the more disgusted I became. Seriously?! Danielle was sleeping with Harry after getting drunk one night?! Where in the bloody hell did you get that? I rolled my eyes. Who comes up with these things? I hope Directioners really don't believe this crap.

Simon always thanked me for this. I was kinda like their publicist's special little helper. I was always the one that shut down the boys rumors, which meant I was on tumblr and the computer a lot. The fans always asked me first. Needed to know the boys real Instagrams? This girl knew it all.

The boys would often tease me since I always had my nose in a computer screen or in front of my phone, reading or blogging something. Louis often called me Penelope if he caught me in the act. He always in a snobby tone, adding some humor to it and making it sound all nerdy. I'll admit I could be a bit nerdy sometimes, but I knew the boys thanked me for this deep down inside.

My brother Ben had came by me unexpectedly. I didn't even hear him sit down by me. He placed a finger under my chin and made my head turn towards him, drawing my attention away from the screen. He made sure I was looking right at him before talking. His brown eyes showed his usual concern for me. I motioned for him to go.

Why aren't you eating? I thought you liked Nutella.

"I'm not hungry Ben." I said simply, after watching his lip movement.

You gotta eat, Liv.

A few minutes passed until Josh came downstairs, his hair still a bit wet. He scowled a bit and took the remote away from me, changing the channel to something else. Josh didn't like these shows. He hated the way they talked about his buddies. I couldn't blame him. Eventually, we were all sitting around laughing at Spongebob, with the subtitles on of course.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm deaf. I'm partially deaf in both ears. My hearing went in and out, kinda like when you're trying to find a radio station. Sometimes, I could hear a bit, a whisper if I'm lucky, but most of the time it's silence. Sweet silence. I hated when people gave me sympathy, or talked extra slow when I was talking to them.

I can't say I love being this way. I've never heard my brother's music before, not even my own voice, and I was discriminated and treated unfairly. But I guess it had it's advantages. I'm sure people gossip about me, but that's just a guess. I can't hear a single thing they say. I sleep pretty well. Whenever my brothers have parties here, I don't hear any of the loud music.

But there was one person, who really understood me. Well, beside my brothers and parents. He didn't look at me any differently. He had patience with me, because it can be a bit hard talking to a deaf girl. What made him special was that he didn't see deafness as a handicap. He considered it a blessing.

Sounds like a perfect guy right? He loved me for me. Sad thing was, he couldn't be mine.

Zayn Malik couldn't be mine.