20• Absentee (p.2)

'

'No one's unaccounted for?'' Corey asks Parrish as we follow him around the station. '

"You can reword the question as much as you want, the answer is still no'' Parrish says irritated as he puts some paperwork away in file cabinets.

''Do you feel anything?'' Corey stresses.

''Yeah does your hellhound intuition sense something wrong with the supernatural?'' Mason asks quietly, he turns to us stressed out.

''I'm a harbinger of death not a harbinger of kidnapping'' he says annoyed.

''I'm also a Sheriff's deputy working on an unsolved murder, that for once doesn't involve shapeshifters, resurrected 18th-century serial killers or me. It's just a straightforward robbery-homicide'' Parrish rants, hoping we'll leave.

''Straightforward? he was bludgeoned to death and stuffed in a high school air duct'' i say angrily, how is that straightforward.

''And i already have your statement, have a great day Griffin, you too Corey and you too Mason'' he says with fake enthusiasm.

''Well, we tried'' i sigh.

***

''They must have had someone up there, i mean that's the only logical explanation'' Mason says as we stand with Liam in the boys' locker room.

''Yeah, how do you know?'' Liam asks blankly.

"Logic and Corey has a hunch'' Mason says making Liam scoff.

''What? is that a chameleon thing? i thought all they could do was disappear'' he says spitefully.

''Hey, cut it out'' i warn him.

''Corey just wants to help'' Mason says sadly.

Liam raises his brows irritated ''yeah, where was he when we were fighting a nine-foot werewolf to save you? and why was he loyal to Theo for so long?'' Liam accuses, starting to piss Mason off.

''There was a time where we all trusted Theo, including you'' Mason says to him.

''At least i didn't trust him as much as Griffin did'' Liam snaps shaking his head, i tense looking over at him.

''I'll trust him when he does something trustworthy...unlike right now when i can hear his heart racing from across the room'' he says pointing to the wall behind Mason.

Corey materializes and Mason sighs.

''What about Hayden? you forgave her no problem'' Corey says annoyed and a little hurt.

''She almost died that night trying to stop Sebastien'' Liam says taking a step towards Corey.

I scoff ''seriously?'' i ask angrily.

It might sound selfish but Hayden's not the one who almost died, she can heal unlike me.

''All you did was hide'' Liam went on tearing Corey down.