10• Betrayed (p.1)

Stiles and Griffin slowly walked into a hospital room.

Griffin's tears had come and gone until there was nothing left to cry.

Laying in the hospital bed was Lydia, her big sister and best friend, they'd gotten the call from the Sherriff, Griffin was the first to know, after their mother.

Stiles stood by Lydia's side while Griffin was on the other, she knew she wouldn't be able to see Lydia alone so Stiles was who she asked to come in with her.

Stiles gently took Lydia's hand as Griffin stared at her sister terrified.

Slowly Lydia's eyes fluttered open, taking in her surroundings.

A small gasp fell from Griffin's lips as a tear danced along her waterline. 

''Lydia?'' she whispered as though she was imagining it, and that she would slip through her fingers at any moment.

''Hey, you all right?'' Stiles asked Lydia quietly, holding back tears.

Lydia stared at him in awe, ''did...did you find something?'' she tried to speak, dryly.

The blood visible behind the huge bandage around her neck made Griffin's heart wrench.

''A solution?'' Lydia continued, her state terrified Stiles immensely.

He paused before answering quietly, ''yeah, it was you'' Stiles told her, ''it was you Lydia'' he spoke softly.

Stiles looked down at Griffin, ''i'll let you two talk'' he forced a crooked smile, slowly removing his hand from Lydia's.

He left the room and Griffin sat the edge of the hospital bed.

She looked at her sister, her blueish-green mixing with Lydia's hazel eyes.

''I'm sorry i wasn't there'' she spoke quietly, the tear that was hanging on finally fell landing on her lips, the bitter taste of salt burning her tongue.

Lydia gently grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers.

''No, you..were safe'' Lydia reassured her sister, she didn't care that she was in the hospital all she cared about was that it was her and not Griffin.

''Lydia?'' Griffin croaked out as she caved letting the tears fall freely.

''Yes..'' Lydia spoke quietly.

''I don't know what's happening to me'' Griffin whimpered silently.

Lydia looked at her sadly and confused.

''Scott and Liam could hear something supernatural but i heard it too, what does that mean?'' Griffin asked her sister hoping she'd have answers.

Lydia stared at her sister dumbfounded, she had no idea why Griffin could hear things she shouldn't be able to hear and that frightened her too.

Before the conversation could continue Scott, Liam and Melissa came in followed by Stiles who stopped to close the door.