12• Golden

Griffin's PoV

*3 months later*

For once Beacon Hills was normal, there have been no monsters, no evil bad guys, nobody dying, nothing.

And it was actually kind of nice.

Stiles doesn't seem to think that though, he's been dragging us out of bed in the middle of the night for the past few months on false leads as he desperately looks for supernatural trouble.

I think he's trying to distract himself from the fact he's not 16 anymore and he's actually growing up and that Beacon Hills doesn't need to be saved anymore.

As for me, I've spent most of my time with Nolan, after the attack in the library we've grown closer and it's nice to have someone I can be normal with, someone who doesn't have to worry about saving the whole town and trying to survive daily.

But he's still freaked out over the attack, I don't think he's really dealt with it.

I'm trying to help him but it's like he's traumatized.

''Here you go'' Nolan says as he hands me a slushie as he sits down on the grass beside me on a small hill.

''Thanks'' I smile, taking a sip of the red drink.

I cross my legs as he does the same, it's still warm outside but the suns on its way down and a small chill flies through the air, nipping my skin.

''Are you okay?'' Nolan asks looking at me worried.

''You just seem quiet'' he says looking down as he plays with the end of his straw.

''I'm always quiet'' I point out and he rolls his eyes smiling, ''you know what I mean'' he looks down sheepishly.

''Yeah, i'm okay'' I answer making him look up ''that's good''.

I close my eyes feeling the fading sun against me as i think if only life was this peaceful.

I open my eyes feeling Nolan looking at me, he looks away quickly.

''Griffin?'' he asks quietly, still looking down.

''Yeah?'' I worry sitting up straight.

He stares at me blankly, ''do you ever...think about all the weird stuff that happens in this town and feel scared?'' he asks looking back down.

He's thinking about the attack again.

I place a hand on his shoulder, ''sometimes, but I try not to worry about it because I know things will be okay...it's gonna be okay Nolan'' i reassure him.

He looks at me, ''but i'm scared'' he says quietly.

I turn, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

He doesn't move at first but slowly brings his arms around, locking them across my waist.

"I promise It's gonna be okay" I whisper into his shoulder.