21• Remember

We stop outside the woods, spotting Scott's flashlight shimmering in the dark.

Lydia turns the engine off and we all step out, walking over to him.

He hands us flashlights with a serious look on his face.

''Hey, i went to bed at home and i woke up out in the woods, about a mile out. I think there's a reason why this has happened'' he speaks slowly as he starts walking in front of us.

''I've been out here before, it was the beginning of sophomore year, the night before tryouts for first line, i remember because it was all that i could think about'' he says in thought.

We keep following him, listening to his story carefully, ''what were you doing?'' Malia asks the question Lydia and I are wondering.

Scott breathes deeply, ''i was looking for a dead body'' he says calmly, i share a confused and worried look with Lydia and Malia.

''That's morbid'' i say lowly, waving my flashlight around cluelessly.

''So then, what was i doing out here all alone?'' Scott asks, more to himself.

''I wish i could help you but i didn't know you then'' Lydia says sadly.

''I was still a coyote so i might've tried to eat it?'' Malia suggests dully.

''I was pretty much still a kid, plus i'm not supernatural'' i note.

Considering when they were sophomores, i was around 14.

''Deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something, but i need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying'' Scott says hopefully.

''Okay, i get why Lydia and Malia can help but i can't do anything, i'm not like you guys'' i say covering my hurt.

Scott looks at me ''i know something's happening to you, and maybe by trying to help others you can understand it more'' he says softly.

I nod, maybe he's right.

Lydia sighs ''maybe you were just a curious teenager, you heard there was a body'' she suggests, bored of the situation.

''But how? i never watched the news and i didn't have a police scanner'' he says confused.

''Your mom works at the hospital, maybe she got called in and you overheard her?'' i say and he stops.

''My mom wasn't home that night...i live five miles away from here, how did i get here?'' he asks, looking at us.

''You drove'' Malia says quickly, i purse my lips, thinking.

''I didn't have a car'' he sighs.

''You ran'' Malia says again, throwing answers in the hope of being able to leave.

''I couldn't have, i had asthma'' Scott says creasing his brows.

We keep walking as Scott takes in our surroundings.

''I was hiding, but they knew that i was here'' Scott says, talking about the deputies he saw.

''Maybe you made a ton of noise with your asthmatic breathing'' Malia says looking over at him, Lydia and i look at her confused, shaking our heads.

''How would they know it was me?'' he asks, looking behind himself warily.

''Why would the sheriff even think that i would be out here?'' Scott looks between us.

''Becuase like most deaths in this town, it was related to the supernatural'' Lydia cocks her head.

Scott looks at her ''i wasn't supernatural".

"I mean, this was the night that i was bitten, but i wasn't a werewolf yet, and i wasn't out here alone'' he stresses, completely lost.

''I know this sounds crazy, but i think i had a best friend, and i think he was out here with me that night'' Scott says, looking between us.

Something in me sparks like something is trying to get out, something at the back of my mind.

''It doesn't sound crazy, recently i've been feeling like there's something i can't remember like something's missing from my life, and it's constant, it could be a person'' i say anxiously, making everything inside me scream.

''She's right, i know that someone chained me up and i think they wanted me to stay human'' Malia says looking from me to Scott.

Lydia looks between us ''i came to school this morning and i was sure i was supposed to meet someone, but i couldn't remember who it was supposed to be'' she sighs sadly.

''I have been looking for them all day, whoever it is...i think i loved him'' she says shakily.

I stare at her in awe, for some reason the information makes me ecstatic.

But i don't know who he is, so why does my sister loving him make me happy?

''What if we're all missing the same person?'' i ask slowly.

We look at each other and Scott pulls something from his pocket.

''And i think he was in this picture'' he says pointing his flashlight over it, revealing the photo of the four of us on the bench at school.

The same one i have in my room, i stare at him shocked.

''I thought someone was missing from it too, i have this picture in my room" i say quickly.

''He was sitting right here'' Lydia says quietly in awe, pointing at the same space i noticed between her and Scott, in front of me.

My phone rings, 'small things' blaring from my pocket.

I pull it out looking at the caller ID ''it's Mason'' i say taking a step away from the group.

''Hello?'' i say through the line.

''Griffin, i think we found something in the library, a clue about the ghost riders, they took someone'' he says quickly, i look at Scott who heard every word.