23• Ocean Eyes

The events of last night in the hideout replay on my mind, from this morning when i woke up and long after, in physics.

Mr Douglas paces the room, talking about electric energy but i can't focus, too caught up thinking about the boy none of us can remember.

I look up at Mr Douglas as he speaks.

''Power, the ability to control things, this metal has no power'' he says, backing towards his desk with a small metal rod in his hand.

I feel someone looking at me and i turn to look at my side, spotting Nolan looking at me worried.

I force a smile and return my attention to the front.

''It's small, weak, insignificant, is there anything we can do to change that?'' Mr Douglas asks.

Corey raises his hand, across from me and Nolan up the back.

''Corey, what you got?'' Mr Douglas asks with a smile.

''We can add electricity'' Corey says quietly.

''Exactly'' Mr Douglas grins and Mason turns to Corey with a smile, and he smiles back

. My mind keeps drifting and i feel my heart race in a panic, not now, i sigh lowly.

My breaths quickly turn quiet and jagged.

It felt like time was running out, but for what?

I can't do this right now.

My throat feels tight and my arms start to tingle.

''Griffin?'' Nolan whispers beside me, but he sounds far and muffled like we're underwater.

''Griffin, what's going on?'' he whispers but it still sounds the same.

''look at me'' he says and i slightly shift in my seat, to my left.

''Is this a panic attack?'' he asks and my hands go numb as i manage to nod my head.

''Just keep looking at me, okay?'' he says and i nod, he lightly reaches under the table, squeezing my hand.

I focus on his touch and the feeling in my hands return as i lightly squeeze back.

Next, i focus on his face and all the details.

The green bursting in the blue of his eyes like the ocean.

The light freckles painted across his nose, his soft golden hair.

I feel my heartbeat slow, i control my breaths until they're steady and i flash a reassuring smile and a slight nod.

He smiles and looks down, leaving his hand intertwined with mine.

I look back at Mr Douglas as he walks over to a bowl with a small, metal ball inside on his desk.

''We turn this metal rod into a magnet, now it has power, now it has influence over others'' he says wrapping wire around the rod.