22• Sanctum

Scott, Lydia and Malia went to Deaton for help while Mason, Liam and Corey went home after explaining a bit about what they found.

It turns out after i spoke to Liam he tried working out something with Corey which is good.

While they did their own things i had something else in mind.

I knock on the door three times rhythmically and wait, all my thoughts and what to say rush through my mind.

The door opens and a man stands in front of me, a kind smile rests on his face.

"Hello, what can i do for you?'' he asks warmly and i smile gently.

''Hi, is Nolan home?'' i asks quietly and he almost looks surprised.

''Yes, he is, i'll just go get him'' he smiles, gently pushing the door over and wanders upstairs.

I wait for a minute before i hear quick footsteps and the door opens again, this time with a flustered Nolan in front of me.

''Sorry, i forgot to text before i came over'' i say, my thoughts melting away.

He chuckles nervously, small strands of hair falling across his eyes.

''That's okay, i missed you anyway'' he says sheepishly.

My heart flutters and i try not to stutter through my next few words.

''Do you want to take a walk or something?'' i ask quietly, in all honesty when i knocked on his door i really didn't have a plan, i just wanted to see him.

''Yeah, i'll just get a hoodie'' he says and i just now realise he's in a pale blue t-shirt, i smile.

I don't think i've ever seen him without a hoodie on, he smiles before turning back into his house.

He walks back out with a classic red hoodie on, his face almost matching it.

''Yeah mom, bye'' he mumbles before trying to quickly close the door, but someone from the other side stops it.

''Be careful, oh and be nice, i love you'' his mom says from the door.

I hold back a smile and look at Nolan who looks like the colour has been drained from his face until all that's left is a soft pink.

He quickly turns and starts walking, i chuckle and walk beside him.

''They seem nice'' i say with a smile and he shakes his head trying not to laugh.

''When they're not embarrassing me'' he sighs looking at me with a smile.

We walk down the street, the streetlights being our only source of lighting.

"so, Nolan Holloway, where to?'' i ask properly and he laughs ''wherever you go i'll go'' he smiles at me.

I slowly reach out in the dull lit street, nervously taking his hand.

I relax when he intertwines our fingers as my pink cheeks go undetected under the hazy glow of the streetlight above us.