15• Stranger

Liam, Hayden and I stand in a hallway at the school as Mason run's over to us.

''Hey guys wait up, i fixed it'' he sighs showing us the still broken compass.

''Uh, perfect, looks brand new'' Liam says nervously, me and Hayden laugh.

''He's going to notice'' Hayden says obviously, Mason shakes his head.

''Nah, he'll never notice, we'll just put the compass back and figure out a way to help Scott'' Mason says going over their plan.

I look at them blankly ''or just put the compass back'' i suggest waving my hands.

Liam and Mason look at each other.

"We can't just leave it all to Scott'' Liam says worriedly.

''Why not? he's the alpha'' Hayden laughs.

''Not for long'' Liam scoffs sadly, i chuckle, ''who's gonna take his place?'' i ask curiously.

Liam looks at me and Hayden offended ''you don't think i could be the alpha?'' he asks raising his brows.

Hayden shakes her head ''no, no, we weren't saying that it's just, magnetic anomalies and guys on horseback stealing people?'' she sighs.

''We can't just stay out of it'' Liam says agitated.

I start to space out as i hear faint screaming in my head and a pit forms in my stomach again.

What's happening to me?

''What's gonna happen when Scott graduates? when there's no one to figure things out?'' i say as i start to panic.

I hadn't really thought about them leaving because it means i'll be alone, I'll still have everyone like Liam, Corey, Mason, Hayden and Nolan but Scott and everyone else have been there my whole life, i won't even have my own sister around.

''I can be the..um...i can be the alpha'' Liam stutters, clicking his tongue as Mason tries to help.

"He can be the alpha'' Mason reassures.

Hayden and Liam tense as they look around, Mason and i look at each other confused.

"What is it?'' Mason asks as Hayden and Liam look at us nervously ''it's blood'' Liam says quietly.

Hayden and I search one part of the school trying to find where it's coming from while Mason and Liam search another part.

We run down a hallway stopping in front of the boys.

''I can't find the source'' Liam pants.

''It's like its coming from everywhere'' Hayden huffs irritated while Mason and i stand around clueless.

''How is that possible?'' Mason asks looking at Hayden then me and i shrug.

''Maybe it's coming from more than one place?'' Liam suggests, looking around.

''In more than one piece'' Hayden speaks nauseously.

''If it's in the air, could it be coming out of the vents?'' i say looking up, everyone's eyes following.

''Stay back'' Liam says taking a deep breath.

We found a door leading to the school's vents and boiler room or something.

He runs at the door as Mason pulls the handle opening it with ease, making Liam fall through, crashing into things and i laugh.

''It's open'' Mason sighs as we walk in, closing it behind us.

We walk through a room of pipes and boilers as Mason walks at the back using the flash on his phone.

Liam stops and stares at an old white storage closet, the empty feeling in my stomach returns and i start panicking.

Slowly he walks towards it, gently touching the handle.

Looking back at us, he takes a breath as i hold mine, pulling the handle.

We all take a step back in horror as we look down, a janitor sat eyes wide open in fear as blood runs down his head, he falls forward revealing a huge gash like bite mark on the back of his skull.

''Oh my god'' i mumble turning away, i heard his screams before he died.

Why.

***

We walk down a corridor quietly, Mason at the front.

After we found the body we called the sheriff and the halls are currently flooded with deputies and teachers, someone turns the corner,

''Mason, Mason, hey, where's Liam?'' a boy says as he grabs Mason seeing us turn the corner.

''Liam? okay, there you go, Liam, Hayden, perfect you two, you two have to listen to me right now, Alex is gone, just like his parents, okay? the ghost riders took him, so you guys, you can't be alone'' a boy with dark hair, brown eyes and a red flannel shirt says frantically.

For some reason he looks familiar but i have no clue who he is and how he knows all this.

We all look at each other confused, who is he?

We all look at him as he rambles on.

''You got to stick with Scott or with me because i can see them'' he says noticing our looks.

''Why the hell are you lookin' at me like that?'' he asks agitated.

Hayden looks at him worried as she whispers to Liam ''do we even know him?'' she asks confused.

the boy looks between us baffled.

''I don't even know if he goes here'' Liam whispers back uncomfortably.

''Do you go to this school?'' Mason asks him confused.

''Griffin come on it's me'' he looks at me desperately as his eye twitches, reaching for my arm.

I move behind Mason slightly, ''how do you know my name?'' i ask worried.

Liam looks at the boy again, he looks a bit older than us, maybe a senior.

"What's your name?'' Liam asks warily.

The boy steps back with a look of hurt and frustration as he looks between us in realisation.

He looks behind us as he runs through us towards the sheriff.

''That was weird'' i say looking away from him and back to the group, they nod in agreement and we continue leaving.