Chapter 14: All The Firsts With You

23rd April, 2019

Is there a difference between you and life?

He returned home to find his wife in front of the Tv. He observed her, like in the medical sense. He hated this intense awkwardness and the inability to actually come forward with something that might not be possible. The frustration almost made him numb that his wife thought something was really wrong with him.

"Bad day?" She mumbled.

There was no reply.

"Ate something unhealthy?" She asked again.

But he remained silent.

"Um, you discovered something's wrong in your head? I'm guessing that!"

Ameen finally snapped out and cleared his throat, his gaze was everywhere but on hers. "No, I think discovered something else, but not in me."

She had no idea that he had referred to her, all she thought was he was probably talking about some patient of his.

"Hmm, okay so, I know it's not the right season, but all of a sudden I'm just craving mangoes. Even though I had them like once or twice in my entire life. The only place you get them is at the Bazaar Market."

Every time he thought he was overthinking, she gave him more reasons that he wasn't.

"And I want the ripe ones and not the raw ones." She jumped on him and giggled while the latter remained frozen.

She wrapped her arms around him and he gulped.

"Take me there." She just blurted, like it was the most normal thing to ask.

"Um, it's late Taraa." He nervously reasoned.

"What?" She said through her grin, "It's eleven, Ameen." She giggled and began kissing him but the latter pulled away.

"We should go to bed." He firmly said and started walking away but she caught his arm.

"I asked you to take me to that place for the mangoes." The demand that rolled off her tone was attractive but if she was crazy and hormonal, he wasn't.

"I said it's late." He played along and continued toward their room.

"Fine, I'll drive myself." She shrugged and Ameen almost cursed.

"That place is a forty minutes drive. The shop keepers are all foreigners and immoral. If you think I'll let you go there alone, then you have lost your damn mind!" He almost yelled but she remained unfazed.

"Ameen, I feel tired too. Very much. But I'm in a mood to have mangoes and I can't help it. I don't want to go alone. That's why I have asked you to take me."

"Taraa, please."

"Ameen, please." She was having a good time but he wasn't.

Oh, what was he supposed to do with her?! "Fine, I'll just go and change." He finally agreed as she left him no choice.